Continuity Risk Advisor (CRA) - AVP
Direct Hire Job Opportunity
Boston, MA Local Candidates Preferred
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2853
Position: Continuity Risk Advisor (CRA) - AVP
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Boston, MA – Candidates must be local or able to relocate without assistance
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have current work authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have 7+ years of dedicated Business Continuity planning expertise.
The Continuity Risk Advisor (CRA) is a new role within the Global Continuity Services team. The role is critical to the corporation’s ability to identify, remediate, monitor and report known continuity risk. Work completed by the CRA may be used in executive or Board level reporting, and may be subject to both internal and external auditors and regulatory review. This role will report into one of three regional Global Continuity heads. The right person for this role has a deep understanding of the financial continuity landscape and horizon from a regulatory and industry perspective and can then apply that insight to identify relevant continuity risk within and across plans. As the role is new, much of the development of the process and approach will be the first piece of work for the right individual.
The Continuity Risk Advisor is responsible for conducting independent assessments of the global organization’s continuity risk, documenting and recommending appropriate remediation solutions, and monitoring until closure.
• Lead and complete regular continuity control reviews as allocated utilizing self-expertise and program methodology/control plan evaluation processes
• As required, analyze and summarize available continuity risk and compliance information to produce a comprehensive risk landscape by department, location or function for review and discussion by Management
• Formulate appropriate risk conclusions regarding the adequacy of plan controls relative to the business operations and criticality
• Partner with business line continuity leads and / or executive management to recommend risk aligned remediation solutions and agree appropriate deadlines for review / completion
• Quality assurance and oversight for business units’ proposed remediation activity
• Participate in BIA and Risk Assessments
• With Enterprise Risk Managers, Corporate Audit, BU Compliance, etc
• Promote and influence sound continuity risk management and compliance practices to embed a culture of good business continuity risk management
• Develop a clear understanding of the company's key functional processes and resources
• Work locally with regional/global responsibilities
• Prepare clear, well-organized and meaningful risk review work papers appropriately
• 7+ years Business Continuity/Operational Risk experience/ Continuity certification preferred
• 5+ years related Financial industry experience - preferred, not required
• Bachelor Degree is a requirement
• Willingness to support major crisis events 24x7 as called upon to do so
• Works well under high-pressure and stressful situations
• Strong Collaboration and Team building skills
• Strategic vision with ability to execute
• Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, drive results, and meet deadlines
• Ability to interface and influence with all levels within the organization
• Microsoft Suite - emphasis on Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
• Understanding of IT concepts and infrastructure a plus
• Experience with Business Continuity Planning Tools (LDRPS, Archer, etc) a plus
• Data analysis and reporting experience helpful
• Audit experience helpful
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2853.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.