Position: Crisis & Continuity Management Advisor
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Houston, TX – Will Relocate. Must have proper work authorization in place to work in the USA.
Salary: Based on Experience
*****Candidates MUST have experience being 100% dedicated to managing a crisis management program within a large, corporate environment or consulting client organizations on crisis management. A Bachelor’s degree is a requirement for this position.
The Crisis & Continuity Management (C&CM) Advisor manages the development and maintenance of crisis / emergency response and business continuity programs. This includes design and delivery of response plans, training, and exercises.
This position will manage the C&CM programs for Company’s Houston office campus which houses over 9,500 staff in multiple buildings. The position will work closely with campus facility management, IT&S, security, and procurement staff and the business unit staffs to ensure necessary plans are in place to handle any crisis event on the Houston campus. The position will lead campus crisis response activities including working with senior management for site risks, business impact, and recovery. As part of the C&CM program, this position manages the operation and occupancy of the business recovery site located in central Texas. This position is part of the Houston Campus Property Management organization.
• Manage overall crisis / emergency response programs for Company’s Houston office campus
• Manage and maintain plans for incident response including Incident Management, Tactical Response, Business Continuity, Office Space Continuity, Business Recovery Site, and other plans
• Manage and deliver training programs for all response personnel including senior management
• Manage and lead campus drills programs to exercise identified crisis scenarios, including the participation of external agencies
• Coach and guide the responders on their roles and accountabilities.
• Manage automated alert systems for response teams and office staff
• After incidents, drills, and exercises, lead lessons learned sessions and capture actions to improve incident response procedures
• Lead implementation of Company’s corporate C&CM programs into campus programs
• Manage administration of the business recovery site and accommodation arrangements working with procurement and building landlord
• When activated, manage operation and occupancy of the business recovery site and accommodation arrangements (e.g., Houston campus closure due to hurricane)
• Manage budget, contract staff, and contracts for Houston campus programs and for business recovery site operations
• Network with other BP C&CM professionals to identify and implement best practices
• Maintain awareness of industry changes including membership on local C&CM and BCM organizations
• Maintain training and professional certifications relevant to position (e.g., FEMA ICS, NIMS, CEM, CBCP, etc.)
• Serve as member of Company corporate emergency response team
• Bachelor’s degree; professional certification is desirable (e.g., Certified Emergency Manager or Certified Business Continuity Professional)
Essential experience and job requirements:
• Must have 5+ years of experience in a C&CM role at a major operating facility
• Must have broad experience in all aspects of C&CM – plan development, training, drills, event activation
• Must have proven experience leading and delivering key programs
• Must have proven experience working in an influence role with management and large teams
• Well-developed interpersonal and persuasive skills
• Excellent communication skills, particularly written and presentation
• Experience and writing skills in plan and procedure development and maintenance
• Ability to work within broad guidelines with limited supervision
• Able to work under pressure and be decisive under all conditions
• Experience working in C&CM for major office facilities is beneficial
• Able to work effectively with employees and contractors at all levels
• Ability to maintain constructive relationships while fulfilling requirement of an independent view
• Ability to lead, motivate, and influence others without formal line accountability
• Must have experience with budget management
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2577.
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. at [email protected].