Director, Business Continuity & Crisis Management
Permanent, Direct Hire
Canons, PA - Relocation Assistance Provided
BC Management, Inc. Job Order #2872
Position: Director, Business Continuity & Crisis Management
Location: USA-PA-Canons (relocation assistance provided)
Status: Full time/Permanent
Reports to: Senior Director, Global Security
Salary: DOE - Excellent total package
Travel: As needed
*Candidates must have proper authorization in place to work in the USA.
Our client believes each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market their products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to their business partners who support the providers and producers, they all have a mission critical role. Here’s how this role will help:
•Develop policy and strategy to assess and mitigate risk associated with business interruption, threats to company assets, disaster recovery and manage crisis
•Leads the development, implementation and assessment of the company crisis management and business continuity plans to ensure the company’s ability to successfully recover from incidents and unexpected business interruptions. Actively participates in the crisis management planning and preparedness, decision making and communication.
•Ensure Business Unit alignment with Company’s Resiliency/ Crisis Management framework.
•Recommends vulnerability mitigation strategies, and influences remediation management to business units
•Analyze complex business problems, interpret requirements, design solutions and manage and/or specific work streams designed to improve capability of the Business Resiliency function (e.g. risk appetite framework, enterprise risk reporting, policy framework)
•Provide analysis and recommendations to Executives and the risk community on Business Continuity/ Crisis Management best practices
•Maintains results by recruiting and selecting key resources in a decentralized environment (internal and external); coaching, counseling and disciplining personnel, when appropriate; planning, monitoring, and appraising performance results
•Implement Business Continuity, Emergency Response and Disaster Recovery training exercises, tabletops and other testing techniques
•Develop an awareness program to be used company-wide for the purpose of educating company employees on the importance of an enterprise contingency program and inform them of the processes to follow during a disaster
•Perform other duties as assigned
Through a highly structured steering and implementation committee approach, they will lead in the development, maintenance, education and testing of Business Continuity, Incident Management and Crisis Management plans and technology for the global enterprise. Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Security, this function will act as a key component of the clients overall risk management and security infrastructure and is responsible for driving programs that will enable the effective restoration of business operations and technology in the event of a disruption. The selected candidate will lead, facilitate and work closely with the enterprise wide business units to develop plans based on best practices, ensure currency of plans, design and manage continuity efforts, establish testing techniques, and evaluate the efforts to ensure preparedness and effectiveness. Partnering with Environmental and Health and Safety, Information Services, and Global Operations ensure Emergency Response and Disaster Recovery functions are aligned with Global Resiliency platform.
The Director is also responsible for the collection and analysis of threat information, the assessment of threats to Mylan’s personnel and assets, and the development of policy, plans and training to mitigate vulnerabilities and manage crisis.
Make Our Values Your Values
Our client hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 8 years of experience. Master’s degree in Business Continuity or Emergency Management preferred. Minimum 10 years’ experience and demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility within private sector corporate security or related field. Combination of experience and/ or education will be taken into consideration.
• Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) preferred
• Must have robust knowledge of current Business Continuity planning techniques and technologies and the integration to risk based security programs.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to build, motivate and lead team of professionals attuned to organizational culture, yet able to think and act creatively. Demonstrated ability to communicate within all levels of the organization, including briefing executive management as well as operating teams. Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and evaluate large volumes of information, and to communicate accurate and timely recommendations on business and security related risks to the organization with a solid focus on detail, as required. Ability to present to groups across the enterprise. Proven track record managing and developing employees, project teams. Excellent conceptual and critical thinking skills and sound judgment, with strategic orientation and ability to perform tactically, as required
• Position functions autonomously within a structured steering committee constructed of executive management
• Ability to perform computations such as percentages, ratios and rates.
• Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence. Ability to work with executives and communicate ambiguous concepts. Ability to present to the highest level of the organization and groups across/ outside the organization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties .May be required to stand; walk; stoop; bend; kneel; and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms. [Sedentary, Light, Medium, Heavy, or Very Heavy] lifting requirements. Ability to travel for prolonged periods of time during crisis events. Periodic travel during normal business operations is required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
• Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap. Our client maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre employment substance abuse testing.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2872.
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens- BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791