Director Business Continuity Program
Direct Hire/ Permanent
St. Louis, MO
BC Management, Inc. Job Order #2937
Position: Director Business Continuity Program
Status: Full-time, Permanent/ Direct Hire
Location: St. Louis, MO – Preference will be given to local candidates. Will consider non-local candidates.
Reports to: VP Business Continuity Program
Department: Global Risk Services
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates must have a Bachelor Degree coupled with business continuity/ risk management expertise. Preference will be given to candidates with insurance or financial industry expertise.
Directs and guides stakeholders around the world to improve preparedness covering people, business processes and technology. Selects and/or develops enterprise-wide BCM tools to mitigate the operational, financial and reputation impacts of business interruptions and other crises.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Continuity Risk Management
- Designs, develops and selects tools used by COMPANY senior executives to manage crisis preparedness and response to include selection criteria, vendor negotiation and implementation efforts/training/user acceptance.
- Works across varied geographies and business disciplines to gather, synthesize and report on continuity risk issues for Senior Management, internal and external audit and client consumption.
- Oversees integration of new/reengineered business functions, acquisitions and IT resources into the existing Business Continuity Management structure and program
- Identifies and qualifies Business Continuity program enhancements through continuously growing understanding of program gaps and weaknesses both pervasively and locally.
- Lead crisis response efforts for Global HQ to include forecasting the future potential impacts to COMPANY’s associates, operations and reputation
People Development and Support
- Coaches business leaders across the world to improve the continuity of their offices/departments given unique risk profiles within their limited time and budget
- Develop and deploy training customized by audience using multiple modalities in a manner suitable for each of COMPANY’s offices around the world
- Support senior business leaders in the development of original cost effective business continuity and crisis management strategies for a wide range of unpredictable events
- Support local Business Continuity and Crisis Management efforts around the world by overseeing exercise logistics, regulatory requirements, and operational risk priorities related to the Business Continuity program
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel (internationally) as needed to support global business continuity/crisis management efforts
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Risk Management, or related equivalent experience
- 10+ years of risk management, program management, or technology management experience
- 10+ years in Business Continuity Management
- 15+ years overall Risk Management experience
- Insurance or financial industry experience
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work with minor direct supervision
- Advanced knowledge and skills using business continuity and emergency notification tools
- Advance project management skills. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility, understanding, scheduling, and managing projects to budget and plan
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into functional design and solutions
- Highly advanced people management skills, demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and develop associates; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility
- Advanced investigative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Broad business and finance related knowledge
- Advanced oral and written communications skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well within a team environment, participate in departmental/team projects, and balance detail with departmental objectives
- Advanced ability to manage multiple projects and/or teams simultaneously
- Advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2937.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.