Director Business Continuity & Recovery
Direct Hire Job Opportunity
Portland, OR - Relocation Assistance Provided
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2840
Position: Director Business Continuity and Recovery
Location: Portland, OR (relocation assistance provided)
Industry: Retail Manufacturing
Status: Full time/Permanent
Reports to: Security
* Candidates must have current work authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have 10+ years of dedicated Business Continuity planning managerial expertise.
As our Director of Business Continuity and Recovery, you will be responsible for creating and executing enterprise-wide strategy around Business Continuity in accordance with best practices, industry standards and regulatory requirements. You'll lead a team dedicated to the development, maintenance and testing of the continuity and operational recovery plans and procedures designed to minimize negative impact to employees, consumers, business operations, and help ensure continuity of operations in adverse situations. You'll Develop and implement BCM strategies and related programs that align to the clients business goals, including but not limited to:
- Engage with and influence senior leadership by presenting analysis of operational risks and threats in terms of likelihood and impact of business interruptions and work with other SMEs to quantify financial and brand impact
- Conduct a Business Impact Assessment (BIA) to identify critical business services and define expected recovery timeframes.
- Influence and support the inclusion of continuity and recovery protocols into the functional strategies of the businesses we support
- Perform research and analysis of regulatory changes and industry best practices
- Develop detailed program metrics for consistent reporting to senior management and applicable internal governance committees
- Partner/liaison with IT Technical Recovery Management to identify and resolve gaps between physical and systems recovery capabilities
- Develop and execute a testing/simulation strategy to evaluate effectiveness and adherence to corporate standards
- Lead and facilitate corporate response efforts for designated incidents/crisis situations.
- Develop and execute a training program for business leadership teams on incident/ crisis response protocols
- Develop and execute an incident/ crisis communication program that appropriately alerts and updates company leadership
- Develop and execute awareness strategies to ensure policies, programs, best practices, staff roles and responsibilities are communicated to appropriate stakeholders
- Requirements for this role includes:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field of study.
- Relevant Industry certifications (ie.: MBCP, FBCI, MBCI, CBCP) preferred
- 10 years + professional managerial experience in Business Continuity/Recovery/ or Crisis Management
- 5 years + leading a global Business Continuity/Recovery function
- Ability to perform at a high level and lead others while under significant enterprise-wide pressure/stress
- Success in a matrix organization leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize against many competing interests
- Expertise in developing (verbal/written) communications, briefings and presentations to senior executives. Ability to translate and present complex issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Responsiveness for off-hour, on-call incident management support/ability for global travel
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2840.
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 562-260-6791.