Director Enterprise Risk Management
Full-time, Permanent Hire
New York, NY - No Relocation Assistance
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2812
Position: Director, Enterprise Risk Management
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: New York, NY – Candidates must be local or able to relocate without assistance
Salary: Based on Experience
Report to: SVP Enterprise Risk Management/ BCM* Candidates must have current work authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Candidates will be expected to pass a thorough background check.
* Candidates should have 5+ years of dedicated enterprise risk management expertise.
Enterprise Risk Management works in partnership with other business and support areas to protect The Clearing House’s mission, financial strength and reputation through the proactive management of risk and to establish and promote a culture that supports intelligent risk taking and risk-based decision making.
This position, reporting to the head of ERM, is a strategic and tactical position, where the candidate will support the VP of Enterprise Risk Management and the Chief Risk Officer in establishing and communicating the organization’s ERM Framework, as well as facilitate and lead interfacing with functional units to establish and communicate risk management methodology, processes, risk appetite and risk culture.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, business or related field
• At least 5 years of risk management experience
• Minimum 10 years of financial services work experience managing and implementing enterprise-wide projects, multi-tasking on projects with competing priorities, Process restructuring, Risk Assessments, Due Diligence, Operational risk management
• Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills ability to adapt to and initiate change.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross functional groups and support senior management.
• Risk management experience in RCSA, Key Indicators, Risk Reporting, Project and Key Initiative Risk Assessment and Technology risk management
• Applied knowledge of operational processes and industry best practices of internal control and risk management and assessment.
• Applied knowledge of developing/redesigning processes and measuring effectiveness and efficiency.
• Understanding of the financial regulatory environment for the banking and payment systems industry.
• MBA preferred in Finance, business or related field
• RSA Archer experience from the business risk perspective
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Support the Head of ERM with the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework in order to establish an effective risk based system to identify, measure, monitor, and control enterprise-wide risks.
• Development, implementation and maintenance of a risk control self-assessment system for enterprise risk management
• Partner with colleagues across the firm to help drive a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification and assessment of horizontal risks (Product, Project, Key Initiative risk assessments) within the business .
• Provide thought leadership to the first line of defense for risk related matters.
• Identify, assess, monitor, communicate and report on the product risk profile as the product risk manager
• Build, maintain and enhance business relations with department and business heads for the smooth implementation of risk management activities across the organization.
• Train THE COMPANY employees on the risk management framework and concepts.
• Monitor and analyze risks within the company's business units and report on these risks to the internal and external risk committees of THE COMPANY, Regulators and other applicable internal stakeholders.
• Business subject matter expert for the designing and implementation of the RSA Archer eGRC solution within THE COMPANY.
• Mentor junior team members and manage consultants as applicable
Success Factors/ Job Competencies:
• Continue to provide thought leadership and evolve the ERM Framework.
• Create and maintain relationships with risk owners.
• Continue to automate The COMPANY Risk Framework elements.
• Achieve milestones identified in the ERM Capability Maturity Model
• Provide risk management expertise and oversight.
• Effectively plan and execute multiple projects at once, meeting established deadlines, with budget and achieving overall project objectives.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Ability to work extended hours on a computer.
• Implement the ERM Framework.
• Provide thought leadership and guidance to business stakeholders during the Risk Assessment Process.
• Maintain effective communications with superiors, subordinates, and the company. Complete tasks and projects timely.
• Demonstrate high levels of professionalism.
• Consistency in reporting and messaging to the ERC
• Training to enhance the risk awareness and culture across THE COMPANY
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To be considered for this position, please submit updated resume to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order # 2812.
For questions, please contact Cheyene Marling - [email protected].