Director Resiliency & Recovery Governance
Plano, TX or McLean, VA - Relocation Assistance Provided
BC MANAGEMENT, INC. JOB ORDER# 2872
POSITION: Director Resiliency and Recovery Governance
LOCATION: Plano, TX or McLean, VA
INDUSTRY: Financial services
STATUS: Full-time, Permanent/Direct hire
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Tech Resiliency and Recoverability
SALARY: Depend on experience and location. Competitive package.
RELOCATION: Relocation assistance offered within the United States.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates must have 5+ years expertise in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Risk coupled with a Bachelor’s Degree, industry Certification and previous experience planning for a large, global enterprise organization.
Our client's Resiliency and Recovery team is hiring! The end goal for the Resiliency and Recovery Practice (R&R) is to make our client a Technology leader in delivering ‘always on’ applications that support the best customer experience possible. To this end, the R&R team was established to create a Destination State vision and work across the enterprise to implement that vision. We are looking for a Director who can identify resiliency opportunities, evangelize the Destination State vision with clarity, lead cross functional teams to strengthen our posture, and prioritize efforts to achieve our Destination State goal.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
- Development and ownership of resiliency standards and validation
- Develop partnerships with Business risk offices and technology partners
- Work with Enterprise Risk Offices to respond to audit and regulatory matters
- Lead Enterprise Resiliency Steering Committee
- Development of metrics and management of resiliency investment funds
- Evangelize Resiliency and recovery Industry best practices based on ITIL and ISO standards
- Proactively identify and manage the residual risk within the clients technology environment.
- Input and Oversight for the implementation and management of the clients Resiliency and Recovery strategy and governance program in alignment with organizational goals
- Deliver thought leadership around the development of resiliency patterns and architectures and recovery program development and management
- Technical aptitude with an ability to quickly come up to speed on the clients infrastructure and application environments
- Evangelize and drive the adoption of new technologies and approaches in pursuit of improved resiliency
- Educates key stakeholders on resiliency and disaster recovery best practices
- Assist in performing resiliency risk assessments and development of mature risk assessment.
- Knowledge of complex multi-datacenter architectures
- Knowledge of highly resilient public and hybrid cloud architectures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Military experience a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, or Risk Management Disciplines
- At least 5 years of experience in infrastructure
- At least 5 years of experience in software delivery
- At least 5 years of experience in Information Technology
- At least 5 years of experience in People Management
- At least 2 years of experience in Strategy Development
- At least 2 years of experience in Program Management
- At least 2 years of experience working in an Agile environment
- At least 2 years of experience presenting across all levels of the enterprise, from technical to executive levels
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology
- DRI or BCI Certification (CBCP, MBCP, FBCI or MBCI)
- ITIL or ISO Certification
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please submit updated resume and short bio to http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791.