Position: Director/VP, IT/Disaster Recovery
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salary: $130 - $160K base + bonus and stock grants
Reporting to: SVP
**Client is seeking a candidate who has previous experience working within a data center operations environment. Seeking a professional who can strategically engage all levels within an organization and raise the bar in disaster recovery planning. A successful candidate has either built a DR program from scratch or successfully augmented an effective best in class DR program. The candidate must bring real world experience with the ability to clearly articulate what did and did not work in previous programs and why. Experience with highly resilient Infrastructure environments is a primary requirement for this position. Financial industry experience is highly preferred.
The Disaster Recovery Manager is responsible for Overall Disaster Recovery Program management, mentoring, coaching, and developing a Disaster Recovery team including: development; IT, DR education and awareness; the ongoing assessment of technology risks; the development of disaster recovery strategies; the oversight and ongoing evaluation of Disaster Recovery requirements and capabilities; and the development, testing, and maintenance of DR plans. This encompasses the recovery of the applications, technology and infrastructure which support mission critical business functions.
Essential Job Functions:
• Elevate current DR program in working with the data center operations and business unit leaders in spreading the awareness on the importance of a successful DR program, increasing the level of understanding across the corporation and serve as the primary champion for disaster recovery planning.
• Directs all activities within the DR program including disaster recovery processes, continuity planning, technical recovery support, mainframe, distributed systems and infrastructure recovery.
• Responsible for overall Senior management reporting, budget reviews, issues and actions pertaining to the validity and compliance of the disaster recovery program.
• Provides overall management leadership in the DR programs capabilities regarding application, infrastructure recovery, crisis management, emergency management, disaster preparedness planning projects, and initiatives.
• Provides leadership, support and expertise during simulated and live recovery events.
• Provides leadership and expertise in the development, maintenance, testing and implementation of Information Technology Disaster Recovery Programs and processes across the enterprise.
• Develops and monitors the organization's Disaster Recovery strategies/methodologies, future technology vision and recovery tools. Conducts risk/threat vulnerability studies and impact assessments.
• Development of new policies and procedures for disaster recovery and provides for testing of these procedures.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and methodologies used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses.
• Provides management leadership to the disaster recovery program as a whole, including IT and the company, including being familiar with the future direction of the company and to ensure that new DR technology maintains alignment and direction with the strategic technology plan of the company.
• Ensures that Disaster Recovery architectures are done in accordance with established policies, procedures and best practices.
• Provides leadership, manages, mentors, coaches, and develops the Disaster Recovery team members, including providing feedback, assisting in the creation and maintenance of associates' development plans, interviewing, participating in the hiring decision, handling performance issues, and writing and delivering annual performance reviews. Current team consists of about 10 direct reports both permanent and contracting personnel.
• Superior interpersonal skills and experience dealing with both technical and business managers. Should have strong presentation and written skills, accompanied by effective project management capability.
• Good organization, time, and stress management skills. Works well under pressure and makes informed decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with diverse IT architectures and Enterprise IT in a data center operations environment.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with physical and virtual server configurations and implementations, high availability server configurations and implementations.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage, Virtual Tape implementations, SAN Fabric architectures and configurations.
• Strong experience with Active-Active and Active-Passive architectural environments and configurations
• Extensive knowledge and experience with various data replications strategies, configurations, implementations and management, including EMC, Hitachi, Oracle and SQL database replication.
• Strong knowledge and experience with enterprise telecommunication architectures, strategies and implementations.
• Good understanding of security and system change control processes.
• Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to plan, organize and direct the testing of disaster recovery plans and procedures.
• Bachelor Degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge and experience in financial operations and procedures is preferred.
• Extensive experience of Business Continuity audit and regulatory compliance.
• Proven ability to work within complex project work under tight deadlines.
• Proven staff management experience.
• Ability to work with all levels of personnel from end users to executive management.
• Polished presentation skills to both large groups and executive management.
• A strategic vision and the ability to build business cases to improve IT resiliency.
• Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong analytical and developmental skills.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• The ability to clearly communicate ideas and direction.
• Certification – multiple desired, but not required
• CBCP or MBCP
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2507.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Haase - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.