Disaster Recovery Architect
Plano, TX or McLean, VA - Relocation Assistance Provided
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2875
POSITION: Disaster Recovery Architect
LOCATION: Plano, TX or Mclean, VA
INDUSTRY: Financial Services/Banking
SALARY: Depends on experience and location. Competitive total package.
RELOCATION: Relocation assistance provided within the United States.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* The client will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position at this time.
Job Description Highlights:
The Disaster Recovery Architect for the Enterprise Resiliency & Recovery Management team will support the creation and adoption of acceptable recovery methodologies developed for applications with varying business criticality. Daily interaction is expected with Enterprise and Line of Business Architecture teams, Line of Business Application Development and Support teams, and Line of Business Risk Office teams. The successful resource is tech savvy and successfully applies technology to solve hard challenges specific to business resiliency.
Who YOU are:
As a future Disaster Recovery Architect you:
- Have a deep Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Management Subject area knowledge.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Public Cloud resiliency and recovery best practices.
- Have a strong working knowledge of On Premise Data Center Recovery Technologies (network, compute, database, storage).
- Have a strong working knowledge of Public Cloud (AWS, Microsoft, Google, etc.) development services.
- Know technology and how to apply it to a variety of business resiliency and recovery challenges.
- Are a great influencer up to and including VP level across business and technology.
- Strive for ninja level results focus (elevating outcomes, predictable delivery, well managed).
What you'll be doing:
-Collaborate with teams across business and technology to ensure resiliency and recovery capabilities align with approved tiers and practices.
- Consult and evangelize recovery and resiliency best practices outside of immediate team (business and tech focused).
- Solve for how we address recovery needs for complex/hybrid deployments.
- Build a strong working knowledge of leveraged recovery technologies.
- Develop Disaster Recovery Architecture Roadmap consistent with other leading technology companies.
- Drive incremental and measurable progress toward target recovery architectures. - Actively mentor other technical resources on the Enterprise Resiliency & Recovery Management team.
- Actively participate in and provide leadership during Technical Recovery Exercises.
-High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience .
-At least 3 years of Public Cloud Architecture experience.
-At least 3 years in data center infrastructure technologies.
-At least 3 years of experience in Technology Disaster Recovery or at least 3 years of experience with Business Continuity Management.
-At least 5 years of experience designing, developing, and implementing of disaster recovery solutions.
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
-3+ years of working with of API's.
-3+ years of experience working in an open source environment.
-3+ years working with containerization or 3+ years working with service virtualization.
-3+ years of agile methodology experience.
-3+ years of project management or 3+ years of process management.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please submit updated resume and short bio to http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2875
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens at BC Management Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 562-260-6791.