Position: Disaster Recovery Consultant
Status: Full-time, Permanent Employee
Location: Candidates must be local to northern NJ, New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Chicago, Atlanta or Toronto. Only candidates local to these cities will be considered.
Salary: $90-$100K base compensation plus bonus potential
Travel: Up to 80%
*****Candidates must have 3-5 years in technology consulting, operations or architecture capacity. This is a technical hands on position. The chosen candidate will be expected to be very knowledgeable with hands-on technical consulting (systems architecture, high availability, capacity planning, data center solutions, etc) and not solely interfacing with technical counterparts.
• Lead the analysis of high availability requirements and technology improvement opportunities; the design of fault
tolerant systems architectures and IT operations improvements; and reviews of high availability configurations, capacity management, and service management effectiveness.
• Develop migration strategies to extend a customer's I.T. Infrastructure, systems, processes, and organization to enable high availability and managed services designs.
• Communicate succinctly applicable Business Continuity Management, information security and technology issues to all levels of client and internal staff, on both a formal and informal basis.
• Provide Strategy Evaluation, Design and Implementation consulting to clients. Present and defend recommendations.
• Understand and address financial impacts of analysis and recommendations.
• Maintain strong subject matter expertise in Internet/Intranet/Electronic
• Commerce applications, service driven architectures, ISP/ASP architectures, networking related technology, wireless
technologies and infrastructure, high availability, load balancing, systems management, clustering, messaging and general large scale infrastructure architecture.
• Successfully manage projects as they are assigned with review of success based upon quality deliverables, meeting project time and cost requirements, while achieving a high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Maintain familiarity and adherence to Company consulting methods and procedures.
• Conduct various BCM engagements (e.g., BIA; Planning; etc.).
• Participate in any and all types of technical consulting engagements (e.g., Business and Technology Profile; Information Availability Strategy Design; Technology Migration and Data Center Services; High Availability Solution Design and Implementation; etc.).
• Interact with clients in presentations, data gathering, and analysis activities.
• Provide project management support, guidance and input for Project Teams.
• Maintain time reporting on projects and provide timely updates to project milestones.
• Continually build knowledge and proficiency in Information Availability concepts and lifecycle services.
• Extensive travel requirements- 80% - Mon through Thurs.
• The requirements for this position are a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field plus
3+ years in technical consulting, management or operations, with strong architectural and process experience in two or more areas; Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Data Centers, Storage or Client Server Virtualization.
• This Consulting position in the CTS DR Practice must have a strong understanding of the BC/DR discipline and more than one year of hands on experience delivering successful consulting engagement to customers. This position is a resource who has demonstrable experience with presentation, documentation, sales or sales support and consulting service delivery skills. This position must able to participate in a large range of BC/DR consulting projects and will be expected to build appropriate solutions for CTS customers.
• Knowledge must be based on actual current technology and project experience and thought leadership roles. This is not a theory role or merely an SME role. This position needs to be highly consultative in nature and will be expected to directly contribute to the growth of the CTS DR practice through engagement delivery and refinement of its services, methodology and framework.
• Candidate must have strong process, project management and communication skills. Candidate will be expected to develop white papers and present at Industry Related conferences. Recent experience in this presentation area should be easy to demonstrate.
• Up-to-date CBCP, MBCP and/or other relevant disaster recovery certifications is a serious plus. ITIL knowledge helpful.
Experience and expertise expected in the following areas. While experience in two or more areas is desirable, it is not
necessary to have experience in all areas.
• Data Center: Infrastructure Applications (OS, DB, Replication, Data Protection, especially as it relates to Recovery solutions and testing), Consolidation, Power and Cooling, Migration and relocation
• Managed Services: familiarity with collocation, hosting, outsourcing and managed services concepts, offerings and providers
• Network: WAN, LAN, Load Balancing, Firewalls, switches and routers
• Storage Technologies: Strong experience in storage vendor BC/DR, Disc Storage and replication solutions: e.g., EMC products (SRDF, RecoverPoint, Networker, Avamar, Data Domain), Network Appliance, Sun Storagetek, HP EVA or
• Virtualization: Experience with the leading virtualization technology vendors including Vmware, Microsoft (Hyper-V), Citrix (XenServer) and others. Design, implementation and architecture experience a plus.
Generally required are advanced analytical skills, detail orientation and project management, accuracy with good organizational skills. Successful candidates must also possess excellent interpersonal and team based skills, be able to handle multiple responsibilities, prioritize tasks, and work under time constraints in a matrix environment. Proposal development, client sales, service delivery and international work experience is relevant to this position and considered a plus. Additional skills should include:
• Experience in analyzing, planning and consulting in technical environments;
• Ability to work unsupervised and provide all requirements in a timely manner;
• Desire to remain current in emerging technologies, products and trends
• Must be self-motivated, team player, and able to immediately contribute to a fast paced, deadline intensive environment.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2554.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Haase - BC Management Inc. at [email protected]
or +1 714-969-8006.