Position: Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) Service Delivery Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA – May Telecommute
Compensation: Based on Experience
Reports to: Service Continuity Office Service Delivery Manager
Candidate must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
*Client is seeking candidates with significant IT/DR planning expertise (technology) versus business continuity planning.
Program manages delivery of Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) Service level agreements, third party recovery contracts, internal recovery solutions, recovery strategy development and plan documentation, test planning
and facilitation for Company BU’s including Pharma, and Company IT. Environment – office environment, computer room environment, travel to client sites, recovery exercises at third party locations, and conferences. Physical
Requirements: Lifting up to 30lbs, occasionally; Sitting and talking on telephone 3-5 hours per day; using computer 6 - 8 hours per day.
Resiliency Related Competencies:
Resilience Program Management
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements based on Service Continuity SLA(s).
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities in coordination with local management.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project and scope.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Effectively applies our BC methodology and enforces BCP standards.
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures on a monthly basis with Client(s).
• Minimizes Company exposure and risk for BU client.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately in LDRPS.
• Develop disaster recovery plans
• Perform ongoing maintenance of DR plans
• Conduct disaster recovery exercises
• Maintain vital DR records at an off-site location
• Manage 3rd party hotsite agreement for MPT
• Train and support recovery personnel in testing process
• Identify all major plan components
• Define planning teams, roles and responsibilities
• Track plan development action items
• Assist customers with defining the exercise scope, schedules, strategies, objectives and assumptions
• Coordinate DR exercise development projects
• Develop and maintain exercise project materials such as diagrams, matrices and timelines
• Define exercise teams, roles and responsibilities
• Allocate tasks and responsibilities to BU SME’s
• Track exercise action items, CAPA and Risk Register
• Develop the verification and validation criteria of exercise results
• Prepare and report exercise results including key metrics and recommendations
• Manage post-exercise updates to recovery plan documentation
• Convert and maintain legacy plans within in LDRPS
• Analyze data for errors and omissions
• Track plan maintenance action items
• Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis using Projector.
• Manages project budget and allocations.
• Ensures accurate allocations to client(s)
• Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
• Understands SCO pricing model and billing procedures.
• Accurately forecasts revenue and utilization.
• Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
• Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as needed by BU.
• Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and submission of BR’s.
• Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings with Client.
• Keeps Client team well informed of changes within the organization and general SCO news.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to manager.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Possesses a thorough understanding of Company recovery capabilities.
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
• Four year degree in business or computer science
• Seven to ten years experience in increasingly responsible DR or BCP project management or BCP consulting for a
Certifications & Memberships
• Maintains a professional certification in BCP through DRII or BCI of CBCP or MBCI level or above.
• Engages with local chapter of ACP or BRMA to further knowledge and contribute to the BCP field
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
• Manages the development of client team
• Influences coworkers and client team members to attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change .
• Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
• Remains on the forefront of emerging BCP practices.
• Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each client and Company IT team member's contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each client team member to his/her fullest potential.
• Motivates client and Company IT teams to work together in the most efficient manner.
• Keeps track of lessons learned
• Mitigates client and Company IT team conflict and communication problems.
• Manages day-to-day client interaction.
• Sets and manages client expectations.
• Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
• Suggests areas for improvement in internal Company IT processes along with possible solutions.
• Leads internal Company IT teams/task forces to obtain results for Client(s).
• Reviews the status reports of client and Company IT team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Complies with and helps to enforce SCO standard operating policies and procedures.
**To be considered for this opportunity, please submit updated resume and short bio to www.bcmanagement.com and reference Job Order# 2630. For questions contact – Alicia Stevens – email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791