Disaster Recovery - DR Coordinator
Full-time, Permanent Position
Dallas, TX - Local Candidates Only
Position: Disaster Recovery - DR Coordinator
Location: Dallas, Texas (local candidates only)
Industry: Financial Services
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Candidates will be expected to pass a company background check.
The Disaster Recovery (DR) team makes sure that the clients technology infrastructure remains in a ready state of preparedness to address events that may impact the company’s ability to complete processing at any given data center(s) location. The team coordinates and executes recovery exercises to prove that failover capabilities exist, enabling uninterrupted business operations and IT services. With a focus on continuous improvement, the team enhances the clients DR capabilities by developing short and long-term strategies, and implementing action plans to improve resilience and the overall DR service offering.
• Perform DR coordination responsibilities, including leading recovery exercises and real events.
• Develop and upkeep DR procedures (run books and Gantt charts).
• Manage DR testing schedules and exercise registration.
• Drive efficiencies in DR processes and ensure continuous improvement.
• Coordinate DR exercises and manage real recovery events.
• Develop recovery procedures (run books and Gantt charts) and new DR solutions.
• Maintain golden copies of DR procedures.
• Manage DR testing schedule to meet business/regulatory/audit requirements.
• Manage exercise registration to ensure proper SME availability to support successful testing.
• Lead post-mortem discussions to resolve problems and issues.
• Work with SMEs across the firm to drive results toward improving DR capabilities.
• Drive efficiencies in DR processes and support continuous improvement.
• 10+ years working in IT/Infrastructure.
• Cross-functional IT/infrastructure experience preferred.
• Process and/or engineering background a plus.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Infrastructure background with diverse understanding of platforms, applications, storage/replication, networking, servers, mainframe, and failover/recovery automation.
• Ability to drive and develop repeatable processes and build efficiencies into existing processes.
• Experience with MS Project.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Microsoft Office.
Education, Training &/or Certification:
• Technology degree such as Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To be considered for this position, please submit updated resume and short bio to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order # 2767.
For questions, please contact Alicia Stevens - firstname.lastname@example.org.