Position: Disaster Recovery Program Lead
Location: Westport, CT (Local Candidates Preferred)
Industry: Financial services/Investment
Status: Full time/Permanent
A client of BC Managements is seeking a Disaster Recovery Program Lead to add to their existing Business Continuity team. The Business Continuity Management (BCM) function at is responsible for ensuring the continuity of operations of the firm. The BCM function complements the efforts of individual departments by setting standards for excellent business continuity, ensuring department plans meet those standards, ensuring departments rigorously test their plans to find and close gaps, leading audit and quality control of firm-wide BCM efforts, maintaining the holistic risk picture for the firm, and managing incidents and crises as they occur. The Head of BCM is supported by Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Program Leads.
The Disaster Recovery (DR) Program Lead reports into the Head of Business Continuity Management and is responsible for helping set the strategic direction, maintaining, and managing the company’s disaster recovery program. The Program Lead will support all activities necessary to ensure the company can respond to a business interruption. This position will work closely with the Head of BCM as well as our business units within the firm to implement standards, define continuity requirements, and develop recovery plans/strategies that are aligned with industry best practices. The DR Program Lead will also be responsible for implementing the preparations necessary to ensure that the organization’s essential services are able to maintain operation or rapidly recover in the event of serious adverse circumstances. During business disrupting events, the DR Program Lead will assist the Head of BCM with command & control.
• Develops and implements the overall enterprise disaster recovery strategy ensuring risks to the Firm are known and managed well
• Develops and maintains enterprise wide disaster recovery standards, policies and guidelines
• Holds departments accountable for complying to the standards
• Oversees the planning, coordination, and scheduling of disaster recovery tests to validate plans, requirements and overall readiness
• Provides SME support to the Head of BCM during crisis management assisting with the management of the event and restoration of service
• 10+ years disaster recovery experience
• Extensive knowledge of Business Continuity and contingency planning principles, strategies and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and practical in creating DR programs that meet the needs of the organization (as opposed to a one-size fits all approach)
• Proven experience managing Command & Control during disruptive events
• Proven ability to manage and deliver results on Firm wide projects
• Bachelors degree
• CBCP or MBCP Certification a plus
• Financial Services knowledge a plus
• Knowledge of Risk Management best practices a plus
• Third party professional services experience a plus.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
**To be considered for this opportunity, please submit updated resume to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order# 2683. For questions, please contact Alicia Stevens - email@example.com.