Position: Disaster Recovery/ Security Manager
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Wichita, KS – Will Assist with Relocation
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Travel: Minimal travel requirements - 5% with potential international travel
*Candidates must have work authorization in place to work in the United States.
A client of BC Management is seeking a candidate with proven IT DR and IT Security expertise to assist in developing and implementing a global IT DR program.
Our client is seeking a Disaster Recovery/ Security Manager to join our Information Technology team. The Disaster Recovery/ Security Manager will be responsible for identifying and evaluating IT security risks; developing strategies, policies, and architectures to manage those risks; and ensuring the implementation of those risk mitigations to enable business goals. The individual will also manage all aspects of Disaster Recovery planning and execution to ensure critical application and data availability in time frames required for business continuation; developing and testing recovery plans; providing training and continuous process improvement. Recovery plan scope includes application software, databases, licensing and data at all sites and data center locations. The role requires work with various IT providers and application owners.
Disaster Recovery Management:
• Develop, implement and maintain the COMPANY Disaster Recovery Program
• Ensure that appropriate impact analysis is conducted, data recovery targets are defined, technology solutions are developed, and disaster recovery procedures are documented.
• Elevate the understanding of Disaster Recovery concepts and program among COMPANY’s Business Units and ensure best Disaster Recovery practices are adopted by application owners.
• Development and coordination of disaster simulation exercises to support the resumption of critical systems.
• Ensure Disaster Recovery consideration is included in technology architecture processes, technology upgrade projects and life-cycle refreshes.
• Provide leadership and coordination for the entire recovery process for COMPANY during testing and real disasters.
• Ensure the Disaster Recovery plans are aligned with the Business Continuity Program.
Provide IT Security Support to Internal Business Partners:
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal business partners.
• Understand the opportunities and challenges facing the business and IT, considering IT infrastructure and applications.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry threats, business specific threats and threat trends.
• Assess security threats and opportunities accounting for business risk tolerance and situational risk.
• Identify and evaluate appropriate risk mitigation strategies, advise and help the business to understand IT security risk, risk value and mitigation options.
• Architect/design risk mitigation solutions considering people, processes and technologies.
• Manage and/or provide oversight for implementation projects by business and IT.
• Develop, implement and maintain COMPANY specific policies and standards to guide implementation of strategies.
• Develop, implement and maintain IT security awareness and education programs.
In all areas of responsibilities must have:
• Ability to lead and motivate virtual teams to meet commitments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and customer focus
• Proven ability to prioritize while working on multiple tasks
• Minimum of 5 years of Disaster Recovery experience
• Experience with and knowledge of data centers, platforms, networks and applications.
• Experience managing business relationships
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
• Knowledge of SAP
• Excellent project management skills
• Appropriate security certifications such as CISSP
• Disaster Recovery International Institute or Business Continuity Institute certification
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2696.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.