Position: Disaster Recovery Specialist
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Charlotte, NC – Will Assist with Relocation
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: Associate Director, Disaster Recovery
*Candidates must have current work authorization in place to work in the USA.
The Disaster Recovery Specialist will serve as a senior leader on the Disaster Recovery team. This team supports both the DR and High Availability (HA) Programs. The DR Specialist should be a broad technologist who has the understanding of many different technology platforms and can apply basic technical concepts to multiple scenarios. They should understand core concepts and methodologies of Disaster Recovery, including replication types, and be able to speak intelligently to technical designs as well as spot potential issues.
The Specialist will be responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, follow up, problem resolution and status reporting on global Disaster Recovery Testing and Infrastructure projects, to ensure that each is completed on time and within budget, and that the deliverables meet Company business and technical requirements. The Specialist will plan and coordinate execution of large-scale DR Tests impacting the entire company as well as smaller-scale tests on a regular basis. They will work with all teams across IT including development, application support, security, and operations. Therefore, basic Project Management skills as well as an easy-going and friendly personality are needed.
The DR Specialist will serve on the Engineering Committee to represent the DR Team and evaluate any new DR requirements coming in with new projects. In addition, the DR Specialist will initiate general recommendations for process improvements and assist with the implementation of those improvements. They will also serve as the primary administrator of the DR SharePoint portal and the application used for DR documentation management.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate execution of large-scale, global DR tests impacting all lines of business.
- Manage schedules and resource allocation with Development Managers, IT and O&S team members, and business users/testers as required.
- Coordination and management of IT resources across multiple time zones for DR / HA Testing events.
- Initiate and manage DR related projects with project sponsors, stakeholders and team members using the Company Project Management framework standard project management process and knowledge areas.
- Serve on the Engineering Committee representing the DR Team to review and provide input to all new application DR technical requirements and architecture design.
- Produce standard DR deliverables including: DR Test Plans, DR Test Reports, and DR Plans.
- Manage the DR Documentation Tool, CPO Tracker as the primary administrator.
- Identification and communication of DR risks, and the development of risk mitigation strategies and escalation procedures.
- Manage internal and external audit requests and responses. Address open audit items and Risks.
- Manage the Disaster Recovery SharePoint portal with documentation updates, structure, access, etc.
- Collect, trend and report key metrics for the DR / HA Programs.
- Contribute to DR Policy and Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
- Ensure and coordinate DR compliance with other IT frameworks and best practices such as the Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (CobIT) and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) respectively.
- Knowledge with different type of technologies and infrastructure, (WAN, LAN, authentication systems, Wintel, Solaris, Unix, AS/400, Oracle, Progress, MS SQL) required
- Previous experience on a technical team (network, SAN, database administration, etc) required
- 5+ years strong experience in IT program and/or project management.
- ITIL experience a plus
- Disaster Recovery experience a must.
- Business Continuity experience a plus.
- CBCP certification a plus.
- IT Policy experience (creation of policies, compliance, etc) a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint; SharePoint site administration a plus.
- Experience using a documentation management software; Specifically, CPO Tracker a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the following competencies: leadership, project management, information technology, creativity, business analysis, problem solving, service level management, and service management.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills; Must be able to facilitate calls clearly and professionally
- Ability to be self-directed when required; Self-starter
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills including oral and written English.
- Availability and willingness to travel occasionally to other Company locations for business.
- BS Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or equivalency.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To be considered for this position, please submit updated resume and short bio to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order # 2724.
For questions, please contact Cheyene Marling - [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, c
BCM Complimentary Research - Strategic Staffing - BCM Comprehensive Research