Disaster Recovery Testing Engineer
Plano, TX or McLean, VA - Relocation Assistance Provided
BC MANAGEMENT, INC. JOB ORDER #2873
POSITION: Disaster Recovery Testing Engineer
LOCATION: Plano, TX or McLean, VA
INDUSTRY: Financial services
STATUS: Full-time, Permanent/Direct hire
SALARY: Depends on experience and location. Competitive package.
RELOCATION: Relocation package offered within the United States.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check
* Candidates must have 3+ years in data center infrastructure technologies, 2 years IT project and process management.
The Disaster Recovery Testing Engineer will join a team focused on executing and transforming resiliency and recovery processes. The role will participate heavily in all phases of resiliency and recovery testing; planning, test execution and reporting of functions that span internal and third party’s as well as internal consulting to the broader Tech and business organization. The successful resource should be customer focused, understand process and procedure, is tech savvy and successfully applies technology to solve the challenges specific to the technical recovery of applications and infrastructure supporting business resiliency and recovery.
- Lead Technical Recovery Exercises encompassing Continuous Operations, Live Failovers, and Offline Testing encompassing a broad range of recovery and replication methodologies
- Participate in the planning, execution and reporting of tests based on established standards, process, and regulatory controls
- Participate in testing that ensures compliance to the Resiliency Operations standard and all supporting processes
- Collaborate and Advise teams across business and technology to ensure resiliency and recovery capabilities align with approved tiers and practices
- Consult and evangelizes recovery and resiliency best practices outside of immediate team (business and tech focused)
- Engage and participate in the development of tools that enhance and support resiliency and recovery processes
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Data Center Recovery Technologies or past experience with network, storage, database, and server environments
- Knows technology and how to apply it to a variety of business resiliency and recovery challenges
- Project and process experience and the ability to develop complex technical plans
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Management subject area knowledge
- An ability to manage customer and peer relationships in stressful environments
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Technology Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity Management
- 3 years in data center infrastructure technologies
- 2 years project and process management
- DRI or BCI certification (CBCP, MBCP, MBCI)
- ITIL certification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please submit updated resume and short bio to http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2873
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. [email protected] or +1 562-260-6791.