Position: Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Managing Consultant
Location: Brampton/Mississauga, Canada – Local Candidates Only.
Salary: $60/ Hour – 1099 or Corp-to-Corp
*The chosen candidate will be expected to work on-site Mon – Fri at the client site.
Our client, a global consulting firm, is seeking a contract-to-hire professional to manage the existing DR Program at the client site; including coordinating and running frequent Application DR Exercises, reporting to IT Management and working with the client Business Continuity Team.
• Coordinate, manage, support execution and reporting of frequent DR Application Exercises.
• Consulting experience in the area of Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Incident Management.
• Should have some recognized Disaster Recovery certification such as CBCP, ABCP, MBCI.
• Ability to construct IT Disaster Recovery Plans, Restore procedures and design Test Exercise events.
• The role is responsible for understanding the functional requirements of the project, the business issue being addressed, development of the necessary project and resource plans to identify and document requirements, and implement the recommended solutions.
• Working with the other Company Team and Customer contacts, as well as third party vendors to develop recovery strategies that align with their business requirements.
• Develop IT Recovery Plan documentation that demonstrates the capability to fail over/restore the customers production environment at the alternate location.
• Schedule, lead and report on various data gathering, reporting and management level customer and internal meetings.
• The position is responsible for all project deliverables and documentation throughout the project life cycle including, but not limited to, resource management, project quality, project scope and budget.
Other Requirements (Nice to Have Skills):
Experience in the following areas:
• Data Center: Infrastructure Applications (OS, DB, Replication, Data Protection, especially as it relates to Recovery solutions and testing), Consolidation, Power and Cooling, Migration and relocation
• Storage Technologies: Strong experience in storage vendor BC/DR, Disc Storage and replication solutions: e.g., EMC products (SRDF, RecoverPoint, Networker, Avamar, Data Domain), Network Appliance, Sun Storagetek, HP EVA or Storagework.
• Virtualization: Experience with the leading virtualization technology vendors including Vmware, Microsoft (Hyper-V), Citrix (XenServer) and others. Design, implementation and architecture experience a plus.
• Ability to initiate and prioritize multiple threads of work efforts and deadlines.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and internal project management regarding status, issues and risks to project.
• Knowledge of the applications and/or technology infrastructure that the project is addressing.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to work successfully across organizational lines and influence outcomes.
• Strong analytical skills, including change impact analysis to existing solutions.
• Must have experience preparing presentation quality documents and executive level summaries.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
• Must be service-oriented.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2695.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.