Position: Head of Enterprise Risk & Business Continuity Management
Status: Full time, Permanent
Industry: Financial Services/Investment
Salary: Based on experience.
Degree: Bachelors degree required, Graduate degree highly preferred.
*Successful candidate must have proven previous experience as Senior Managing Director or Global BC Head for large enterprise.
The Head of Business Continuity Management is responsible for designing, creating and overseeing all aspects of our Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Plans. The successful hire will be responsible for specifying and implementing world-class BCM capabilities across the clients operating model, creating the clients BCM program essentially from scratch, where little or none currently exists. As this program is implemented, the HoBCM will evaluate, fine-tune and enforce the BCM policies. Finally, this hire will work with managers to train and organize staff, test plans, and build out disaster recovery site(s) as necessary.
This role requires its incumbent to design a BCM function, to develop and design a BCM remediation framework, and to ensure the efficacy and quality of all vulnerability mitigation processes. The role requires a top down approach to BCM. The successful candidate must have the ability to envision and design a BCM machine that encompasses a large group of multifaceted departments. He/she will work with the departments to identify their most critical assets, define effective strategies and processes designed to respond to Business Continuity disruptions, and drive implementation.
• Ensure BCP/DR plans are defined and implemented across all departments
• Ensure the BCM team strategically plans for future requirements
• Ensure all BCM plans are adequately tested and function as intended
• Ensure all BCM plans are continually enforced
• Ensure clients BCM solution incorporates best industry practices
• Serve as the RP for handling all incidents as they occur
• Clearly and accurately present our BCM “Risk Picture” and Tradeoffs to the Management Committee.
• Graduate degree highly preferred. Bachelor of Science in any of the following areas: Physics, Applied Mathematics, preferred. Preference will be given to candidates who have attended a competitive school (i.e., Ivy League).
• Industry certifications highly desired: MBCP, CBCP, MBCI, CFP,
• 10+ years of experience and demonstrated success in business continuity planning.
• 15+ years experience corporate/in-house within a financial services institution.
• Current direct involvement with day to day plan-building.
• Willingness to take ownership of company-wide issues and lead effort to prioritize.
• Experience in clear articulation of planning assumptions, contingency plans, and required remedial effort.
• Ability to work well with others in a collegial environment.
• Experience in obtaining buy-ins from various contingencies and forge a common vision.
• Ability to accomplish tasks through collaboration without direct staff supervision.
• Strong Project Management Skills
• Responsiveness to inquiries from Management Committee of the company.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To be considered for this position, please submit updated resume and short professional bio to www.bcmanagement.com and apply to Job Order #2576. For questions, please contact Alicia Stevens – email@example.com.