Head of Operational Risk Management
Direct Hire Job Opportunity
New York, NY
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2854
Position: Head of Operational Risk Management
Status: Full time, Permanent
Industry: Financial Services/Investment
Location: New York, NY
Salary: Based on experience.
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree required, Graduate Degree highly preferred.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have previous experience building/ influencing an Operational Risk Management program encompassing non-financial risk functions.
* Seeking candidates with previous experience working within a hedge fund, asset management, money management, or capital markets industry.
The Head of Operational Risk Management is responsible for designing, creating and overseeing all aspects of the firms Operational Risk Management program (i.e., all non-financial risk). The successful hire will be responsible for specifying and implementing world-class Risk Management capabilities across the firms operating model, creating a centralized Operational Risk Management program essentially from scratch. As this program is implemented, the Head of Operational Risk Management will continuously monitor, fine-tune and enforce the Operational Risk Management policies and procedures.
This role requires its incumbent to design an Operational Risk Management function, to develop and design a Risk Management remediation framework, and to ensure the efficacy and quality of all vulnerability mitigation processes. The role requires a top down vision for Operational Risk Management, as well as the ability to roll up their sleeves and operate at the ground level when necessary. The successful candidate must have the ability to envision and design a centrlalized Risk Management framework, tools, policies, procedures, and best practices that encompass a large group of multifaceted departments.
• Establishes the Operational Risk Management architecture for the firm
• Manages the leadership, innovation, and governance necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's operational and strategic risk
• Develops Operational Risk Management tools, practices, procedures and policies to analyze and report risks, and to manage risks according to an Operational Risk Management framework
• Ensures the COMPANY's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, and strategic imperatives of the organization
• Monitors and analyzes operational risks across all areas of the Firm and reports on these risks to the Operational Risk Committee
• Operational risk encompasses operational processing risk, technology risk, vendor risk, legal/regulatory risk, reputational risk, and business continuity/disaster recovery
• Graduate degree highly preferred. Bachelor of Science in select areas preferred (e.g., Physics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Operations Management, etc.). Preference will be given to candidates who have attended a competitive school (i.e., Ivy League)
• 10+ years of experience and demonstrated success in Risk Management
• 10+ years financial services work experience in operational risk management, including knowledge of financial institutions operational processes
• Strong knowledge of Operational Risk Management and internal control standards required
• Able to manage and execute multiple complex projects within required timelines and expectations
• Experience managing a small team preferred
• Working knowledge of information technology, particularly how systems and applications integrate with business processes and operations (e.g., information technology risks, major systems conversions) preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication/influence skills required, particularly senior presence to facilitate large group meetings, as well as ability to develop professional relationships and network internally or externally
• Willingness to take ownership of company-wide issues and lead effort to prioritize, including direct involvement and day-to-day planning
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2854.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.