Position: IT Application Recovery Consultant
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Candidates may be based in NJ, NY or CT – Local Candidates Preferred, but not Required
Salary: Based on Experience
Travel: Initially candidate will be based primarily at a client site in CT with the expectation to be open to 75% travel for future client engagement work
Current Work Authorixation is a MUST.
Our client, a large established consulting organization, is seeking an experienced IT Application Recovery Consultant as a permanent, full-time hire. For this position you will be functioning as the technical lead for efforts relating to the development, maintenance, and validation of application recovery procedures within their DRP/BCP team. You responsibilities will include ensuring ongoing capability at alternate site is sufficient to meet fail-over and/or application specific recovery requirements; building strong knowledge of the technical complexities of the applications/databases; building strong knowledge of the business use of the production applications; coordinating DRP/BCP assessments of new, changed, or migrated applications; and developing an maintaining existing DRP/BCP information and plans as they relate to the applications and databases.
• 3+ years expertise in IT application recovery. Preference will be given to professionals with 5+ years expertise in IT application recovery.
• Strong verbal/written communications. Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with technical staff members and partners in remote locations.
• In depth knowledge of storage, availability and IT recovery planning process, terminology and approach.
• In-depth understanding of software engineering practices and SDLC methodologies and processes.
• Experience with SQL database management techniques, with a focus on database availability and recovery.
• Experience with PeopleSoft or other enterprise wide ERP systems.
• Experience with eCommerce and web enabled applications.
• Technically conversant in infrastructure recovery, network connectivity and storage restoration.
• Certified Business Continuity or Information Security Professional (CBCP or CISSP) preferred.
• Technical experience with trading platforms, market data feeds, and trading/fund applications helpful.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2585.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.