IT Continuity & Recovery Plan Coordinator
Direct Hire/ Permanent
BC Management, Inc. Job Order #2940
Position: IT Continuity & Recovery Plan Coordinator
Status: Full-time, Permanent/ Direct Hire
Location: Austin, TX – Candidates must be local or able to relocate without assistance
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates must have BCM financial/ banking industry expertise.
The IT Continuity and Recovery Plan Coordinator is responsible for driving the development, maintenance, and testing of IT contingency and recovery action plans within the context of the Company wide business continuity framework.
- Define data backup and storage standards necessary for IT continuity and recovery action plans.
- Develop detailed IT recovery action plans to address potential business impacts and requirements for availability, resilience, alternative processing and recovery capability of IT systems, applications, and services.
- Define and manage a distribution strategy to ensure that IT continuity and recovery action plans are properly secured, distributed, and made accessible under all disaster scenarios.
- Ensure that IT continuity and recovery action plans are kept up-to-date and reflective of business requirements and environmental change.
- Assess the business continuity implications of proposed technological or organizational changes, and coordinating any revisions to the existing IT continuity and recovery action plans.
- Collaborating with IT management, the business units and manager of asset protection assist with the categorization of IT system and application requirements, processes, and interdependencies and determine contingency requirements and recovery priorities.
- Partner with manager of asset protection and serve as the IT organization liaison for enterprise-wide business continuity efforts.
- Facilitate regular IT continuity and recovery action plan training to ensure all personnel with IT contingency and recovery action plan responsibilities are adequately trained to fulfill their assigned responsibilities.
- Plan, schedule, and lead the testing of the IT continuity and recovery action plans at least annually, or whenever significant changes are made to those components.
- Planning and coordinating at least one simulation exercise a year, involving all critical IT functional areas.
- Documenting the results of all tests and exercises, and identifying any recommended enhancements to the continuity and recovery action plans.
- Provide oversight on contracts and service agreements with IT continuity service providers.
- Providing 24x7 on-call support for any emergency which may require activation of all or part of IT continuity and recovery action plans.
- In the event that activation is required, serving as liaison between IT management, manager of asset protection, and departmental business continuity teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and internal controls specific to your role.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in banking, IT business continuity, IT disaster recovery or related fields required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience developing business impact analysis, business continuity strategies, disaster recovery strategies, as well as developing, implementing, maintaining and exercising business continuity plans required.
- Travel and off-hour on-call support required.
- Thorough understanding of network, security, and telecommunications infrastructure to include but not limited to client/server, LAN, WAN, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of information systems and process operations across all platforms.
- Knowledge of data center operations and IT recovery strategy development in support of business recovery requirements.
- Highly developed analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Project management experience with large-scale IT projects.
- Strong verbal / written communications. Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with IT functional areas.
- Strong administrative skills, with effectiveness in developing tasks and managing resources to achieve target dates.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) certification preferred.
- Must be bondable.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2940.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.