IT Disaster Recovery Consultant
Cleveland, OH - Relocation Assistance Provided
BC Management, Inc. Job Order #2888
Position: IT Disaster Recovery Consultant
Status: Direct-Hire, Permanent
Industry: Professional Consulting BC/DR
Location: Cleveland, OH - Relocation Assistance Provided
Salary: Competitive Compensation (Base, Bonus & Excellent Benefits)
* 3-5+ years IT/DR Consulting expertise within a dedicated BC/DR consulting services organization coupled with an undergraduate degree.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
A leading boutique consulting client of BC Management’s is looking to add an IT/DR Consultant to their growing team. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and will hold a minimum requirement of 3-5 years IT/DR consulting experience within a dedicated external practice and an undergraduate degree. Industry certifications are preferred but not required.
- Support the delivery of consulting projects focused on creating next generation recovery sites for critical technology.
- Acts as a technology subject matter expert for Information Technology Disaster Recovery projects, interfacing with clients and leading projects through completion; maintains knowledge of new technologies.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plans for clients to recover in the event of an unforeseen disruption.
- Establish testing methodologies; plan and coordinate testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures of different functional areas. Assures that recovery procedure are effective for the restoration of key client resources and the resumption of critical business processes.
- Performs a risk analysis to identify points of vulnerability to assess clients resilience to withstand disruption and recommends disaster avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Assists clients incident response team members during a disaster in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies. Acts as a resource during an emergency.
- 3-5 Years experience working in an external consulting or sales engineering environment.
- Knowledgeable of software architecture, hardware specifications, network topography, operating systems, cloud-based infrastructure and web applications.
- Analytical & Strategic Thinking, qualitative insightfulness, understands and considers the strategic context of issues, ability to evaluate several options availability and employ data-based decision making. Very adaptable, deals well with ambiguity, quick thinker who questions assumptions.
- The initiative, Drive & Creative Problem Solving, results orientation, ability to leverage diverse experience to drive results, can do attitude, resourcefulness. Can prepare action plans to drive projects to closure and focus on high priority items.
- Collaboration & Teamwork, aligning people to a common goal, ability to maintain productive relationships . Ability to go to the client to discuss strategy and suggest alternatives courses of action where appropriate.
- Communication Skills, ability to share information clearly and consistently in both verbal and written format. Active listener with the ability to translate customer needs and respond to relevant information and effective presentations.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to control the event and maintain composure under pressure. Articulate, confident, and professional. Ability to present information in a professional, polished manner, with a logical flow and ability to be persuasive.
- Ability to recover and learn from mistakes, not afraid to fail.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and abroad, up to 40%.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Management or Computer Science is preferred.
Our clients benefits:
Our main benefit is working in a place you can believe in. Our formula for achieving this is simple:
- Hire passionate people
- Be transparent (we share nearly everything about our business)
- Involve everyone in decisions that affect them (we have a unique process to effectively do this)
We are proud to be one of the top places to work in Cleveland. We’ve created an inviting work environment that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and enjoyment. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Paid Paternity & Maternity leave, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement and 401(k).
- Sustainable work life balance
- Very generous paid time off program
We are looking for smart, highly skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to learn, be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally and unleash your talents, apply today.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please submit updated resume and short bio to http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2888.
If you experience any difficulty applying or would like additional information, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 562-260-6791