Position: IT Disaster Recovery Coordinator
Location: Salt Lake City, UT –Relocation Assistance Provided
Compensation: Based on Experience
Candidate must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
A client of BC Management is seeking an IT Disaster Recovery Coordinator to be responsible for managing the recovery processes of IT systems during required annual testing.
· Validates and prepares the corporation in the event of an actual disaster.
· Provides technical expertise, knowledge and coordination of our integrated IT infrastructure.
· Functions as a liaison between IT and the Business Resiliency & Continuity Group. Responsible for the development of medium and long term recovery policies and strategies for IT infrastructure with business requirements in mind.
· Provides leadership and oversight monitoring of recovery testing activities toward a workable disaster recovery plan.
· Delivers guidance focusing the necessary resources towards preparing for the most efficient and effective recovery process possible through planning, coordination, and regular testing events.
· Provides regular reports to Senior and Executive Management during disaster testing. Develops and leads debriefing to Senior Management as well as evaluate IT departmental strategies after disaster testing.
· Assists with identifying and refining RTO/RPO requirements for business applications and infrastructure tools.
· Participates in the business resiliency planning and coordination processes to develop and maintain IT infrastructure operation’s specific departmental continuity plans.
· Requires a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field and 8+ years IT experience in an Enterprise Distributed and Mainframe environment or other directly related experience. Project Management experience and certification, IT disaster recovery and business resumption planning experience a plus.
· Expert knowledge of enterprise distributed and mainframe environments, disaster recovery, business continuity planning, analysis, concepts, methodology and regulatory requirements.
· Strong technical knowledge of Mainframe, UNIX and Intel based servers, voice services and data networking technologies, as well as SAN and backup recovery methodologies.
· Excellent organizational and management skills.
· Knowledge of business processing priorities including the most critical applications and recovery strategies.
· Expert analytical, leadership, organizational, both verbal and written communication skills. Ability to respond in a stressful environment created during emergency situations.
· Ability to identify and implement back up strategies. Must be detail oriented.
· Excellent human relations and problem resolution skills.
· Ability to negotiate solutions, explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
· Ability to set and maintain high quality work standards.
**To be considered for this opportunity, please submit updated resume and short bio to www.bcmanagement.com and reference Job Order# 2617. For questions contact – Cheyene Marling –