Position: IT Disaster Recovery (ITDR) Engineer
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire Position
Location: San Francisco, CA or Reston, VA - Candidates must be local. No sponsorship available.
Salary: Based on Experience
*****This role is highly technical. The successful candidate must have an exceptional technical understanding with DR architecture design, storage technologies and high availability solutions.
The IT Disaster Recovery (ITDR) program provides services to reduce the business impact of an outage for both The Company and its customers, by minimizing risks and ensuring appropriate resources are in place to recover in the event of an unplanned service interruption It is the process of planning, establishing, testing, and implementing the strategies, processes and procedures imperative to minimize the impact of service unavailability on The Company and its customers.
The primary objective of the ITDR team is to assist The Company in providing an appropriate, service continuity capability that is consistently monitored to ensure that the detection of any problems or deficiencies which may impact our ability to recover are escalated to the appropriate governing body. The team is involved in a wide variety of tasks and associated responsibilities to understand business requirements and convert these into an appropriately architected, cost aware and tested range of IT services. The team plays an assurance and governance role that assists in ensuring that the company meets regulatory, audit and compliance requirements.
Proven experience across a minimum of 75% of the critical department activities outlined below.
1. Process Management
a. Gather customer’s business and technical disaster recovery requirements and, in cases where such requirements are unavailable, define these requirements based on discussions with the customer
b. Coordination of the service continuity monitoring and reporting framework and management of identified risks
2. Technical Recovery Plans
a. Provide consultative support to IT teams in preparation and updates to their technical recovery plans
b. Maintain and update all documentation in a central repository to the The Company’s business continuity and disaster recovery program
c. Ensures that all IT infrastructure and application recovery plans are reviewed according to established corporate business continuity management policy and guidelines and updated annually and/or when major infrastructure changes occur
3. Exercising and Training
a. Participate in the coordination of annual exercises of technology, people and processes
b. Maintain records of test results and corrective actions based on those results. Establish testing schedule in alignment with business cycles, environmental changes, seasons, systems changes, and process changes
c. Deliver ongoing annual awareness training to key stakeholders via in-person and web conference presentations
d. Develop, implement and execute business continuity and disaster recovery testing methodologies, scenarios and plans
4. Recovery Arrangements Management
a. Assist in developing and enhancing appropriate recovery strategies which will reduce recovery times for critical services and overall recovery times following loss of a data center
5. Project Engagement
a. Ensure an appropriate level of involvement and oversight in service implementation and upgrades such that the service continuity principles can be upheld
b. Project management and coordination as required of large scale contingency environment improvement projects
6. Knowledge Expertise Provision
a. Provide the business and IT Asset classes with a source of knowledge and guidance in service continuity matters
Extensive experience as a service continuity analyst or related IT Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity field for a large financial institution, previous to that, further experience in an IT technical based role.
Comprehensive understanding of at least one of the following technical areas with good understanding of all others such that the capabilities and limitations of equipment and software deployed to support the company’s contingency services is understood:
1. Experience in DR Architecture Design and Implementation
2. Storage technologies SAN / NAS Design Experience
3. Good understanding of high level enterprise Network Architecture
4. Expertise on at least one OS Platforms (Windows/Linux / AIX etc )
5. Design Experience on a virtualization Platform (VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen etc) Preferably VMWare
Beneficial functional experience:
• Comprehensive knowledge of business and service continuity standards and best practice
• Proven IT Project Management experience coordinating large scale projects and multiple work streams
• Comprehensive experience liaising with and mediating between numerous stakeholders
• Ability to produce high quality documentation
• Able to convey complex technical strategies and plans to a wide audience from technicians to senior business and IT management with previous experience delivering presentations to stakeholders
• Understanding of IT risks associated with IT disaster recovery capabilities.
• Ability to analyze process requirements and create solutions
• Proven design of IT services solutions supporting recovery requirements
• Experience working in a challenging environment
• Previous ‘hand-on’ Production / Operational Support experience
• Previous involvement in data center migrations or management
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability
• Utilizes own initiative to resolve issues while deferring to management for assistance where applicable
• Efficient administrative skills and logical approach to tasks
• Willing to support numerous annual disaster recovery exercises
Beneficial technical experience:
• A recognized accreditation within the business or service continuity
• ITIL Expert or Foundation v3 or practitioner service continuity v2
• MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) or equivalent experience required
• VCP certification (VMware Certified Professional) or equivalent experience
• CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
• MCA (Microsoft Certified Architect)
• Experience managing at least on Storage Device (EMC, Netapp, Hitachi)
• Local and Remote Replication Technologies (Storage based, Host Based, Database etc)
• Cisco/Juniper/Checkpoint Routers, Firewalls, IPS/IDS, and VPN/Encryption
• Strong user level Microsoft Excel capabilities
• Strong Microsoft SharePoint user level Skills
• Strong Microsoft PowerPoint Design Skills
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2547.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Haase - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.