Position: IT Disaster Recovery Plan Writer
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: near Norwalk, CT – may travel to location
Salary: Based on Experience
Travel: Project engagement work will initially be based near Norwalk, CT with the expectation to travel anywhere within the USA for future client engagement work
Work Authorization: Candidates must have proper work authorization in place.
• Candidate will focus on collecting and documenting technical specifications related to developing disaster recovery testing scenarios.
• Should have a general understanding of enterprise-level technology as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Job will involve meeting with SME's in various technology areas and collecting technical details and documents about a wide variety of applications and platforms.
• Person will then be required to review and reformat information into a standard format for building a set of Disaster Recovery testing plans into a client documentation system. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring completeness and readability of the DR testing guidelines.
• Incumbent should have a solid understanding of general technology concepts and have an ability to translate detailed technical information into more general terms. Experience writing user documentation, or working in either a Corporate Systems support role or on a help desk would be helpful, but is not required. Background in the financial industry and/or Disaster Recovery Planning. The candidate should be detail-oriented and have a solid combination of people and technical skills.
• 5-7 years (i.e. 3-5) of technical writer or business analysis experience required.
• Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related work experience required.
• Skills: Basic Hardware Knowledge, Basic Software Knowledge, Business Communication, Technical Support Experience, Technical Writer, Tools/Technology
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2590.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.