IT Disaster Recovery Senior Planner
Direct Hire/ Permanent
Philadelphia, PA - Local Candidates Only
BC Management, Inc. Job Order #2911
Position: IT Disaster Recovery Sr. Planner
Status: Full-time, Permanent/ Direct Hire
Location: Philadelphia, PA – Candidates must be local or able to relocate without assistance
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates must have 7+ years’ IT/DR expertise.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager for Business Continuity Management (BCM), the IT Disaster Recovery (IT DR) Sr. Planner is responsible for the maintenance and coordination of IT disaster recovery planning, policy and testing. This role is a crucial part of the BCM team which ensures documentation, monitoring and testing of BCM procedures. This role also ensures responses to system failures, and is proactive in building processes to minimize/eliminate business and system downtime across major business and system events, crises and emergencies.
• Collaborates with IT teams including infrastructure, security, applications and enterprise architecture to specify and develop approaches for IT Disaster Recovery for all critical applications and technology services.
• Coordinates and facilitates the creation and periodic maintenance of all IT DR plans.
• Develops, plans and coordinates the execution of IT DR tabletop exercises and live testing on both a holistic and component basis.
• Integrates IT DR into business continuity planning efforts, as well as crisis and emergency planning, as appropriate.
• Identify roles and responsibilities to ensure coordinated implementation of the IT DR program.
• Participates in the identification of success factors, metrics, SLAs, dashboard reporting, and customer service feedback and improvement process as is relates to BCM generally and IT DR specifically.
• Participates in the execution of tabletop exercises and testing of broader BCM program components and plans.
• Participates in the planning, testing and execution of COMPANY Emergency Notifications (Everbridge).
• Leads IT DR continuous improvement and after-action reviews.
• In the event of an emergency, crisis or event, provides appropriate leadership to IT DR workstreams, collaborating with the VP, Infrastructure, Sr. Manager, BCM and other key leaders.
• Assists Sr. Manager, BCM and other leaders in ensuring that COMPANY and the group companies are compliant with external regulations and requirements in the IT DR arena.
• Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
• Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and technology management.
• Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate, related discipline required.
• Business Continuity certification from either DRI or BCI required.
• Insurance or Financial Services industry experience a plus.
• 7 – 10 years’ experience developing, coordinating and maintaining IT Disaster Recovery plans and testing procedures, at least 5 years directly in the business continuity or IT disaster recovery space.
• Experience conducting enterprise-wide business impact analyses a plus.
Competencies - Knowledge
• Ability to weigh business and continuity needs, and articulate to management.
• Knowledge of typical organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
• Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel preferred.
• Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring financial consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
• Strong leadership ability; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement.
• Strong project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
• Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
• Ability to work independently and without supervision.
• Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team.
As a condition of employment with our client, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of their business.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2913.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc at email@example.com or +1 714-960-8006.