Position: IT/DR CONTRACT Project Manager
Location: Washington, D.C. – Local Candidates Preferred, but will consider east coast based candidates.
Status: Full-time or Part-time contract needs
Hourly rate: $30-60+/ hour (1099 or Corp-to-Corp)
Candidate must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
A client of BC Management’s, a growing IT consulting practice specializing in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Services, is seeking an experienced IT/DR Project Manager to plan and lead client engagements, manage project teams and budgets, prepare project deliverables, and assure quality. The amount of responsibility will command the client engagement involvement as there are multiple opportunities with this client. Candidates must have a sound understanding of IT/DR recovery strategies for consideration.
• Leads Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity projects.
• Understands and manages project and client commitments
• Develops and manages project plans, activities, timelines, schedules, budgets, resources and communication.
• Responsible to review and approve project deliverables and maintain project quality.
• Manages change activities including those to scope, cost, schedule and quality; establishes and maintains document control.
• Delivers regular status reports that include project accomplishments, upcoming activities, issues, risks, decisions, and project finances.
• Follows established Company methodologies.
• B.A./B.S. degree, or equivalent experience
• 2 years Project Management experience
• 2 years consulting experience, with responsibility for client-billable project work
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office and other business applications
• Ability to work in a fast-paced IT Start-Up environment
• IT Disaster Recovery experience a must.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2632.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.