IT/DR Resiliency Specialist III
Reston, VA - No Relocation Assistance Provided
BC Management, Inc. Job Order #2880
Position: IT/DR Resiliency Specialist III
Location: Reston, VA (local candidates preferred. No relocation.)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Salary: Depends on experience
Candidates must have authorization to work in the USA. Extensive knowledge of technical/technology disaster recovery principles, strategies and best practices with practical experience in developing and maintaining disaster recovery plans, and planning and organizing disaster recovery exercises.
Responsible for supporting major elements of the corporate resiliency program. Focus may be on activities related to resiliency risk, controls and compliance management, incident management, crisis management and/or business continuity management. Participate in the overall planning activities of the program and ensure their effective operation. Develop and implement policies, procedures and systems required for coordinating, maintaining and enhancing the overall resiliency mission.
Key Job Functions
- Provide subject matter expertise in area of resiliency. Coordinate the development, maintenance and testing of all resiliency plans and/or exercises by all business units or other stakeholder groups. Provide guidance and support to business units or other stakeholder groups to ensure all resiliency activities are understood and executed.
- Lead resiliency projects as required to ensure the readiness of business, technology or other relevant teams. Facilitate work sessions, exercises and discussions with relevant teams and oversee follow up activities.
- Monitor progress and trending of resiliency activities. Prepare management reports and identify positive or negative trending. Track, analyze and report resiliency metrics and prepare management dashboards.
- Support and maintain resiliency plans, tools, systems, equipment and data repositories. Provide customer support and guidance in the use of resiliency tools.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Extensive knowledge of technical/technology disaster recovery principles, strategies and best practices with practical experience in developing and maintaining disaster recovery plans, and planning and organizing disaster recovery exercises
- Knowledge and experience in preparing and delivering training materials to various levels of staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create collaborative business relationships
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated skills in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- Ability to communicate technical details to business partners, and coordinate effectively to execute disaster recovery exercises
- Demonstrated ability to define, track and report on complex data
- Strong resource management skills in a matrix organization
- Disaster recovery exercise design and execution experience, specifically data center failover strategies and testing
- Strong core Office Suite skills, particularly Visio and Excel
- Certification in business continuity such as ABCP, CBCP or MBCI desired
As a condition of employment with our client, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please submit updated resume and short bio to http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2880.
If you experience any issues or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791.