Position: Manager, Business Continuity
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Chicago, IL – Local Candidates. No Relocation Assistance
Salary: $100 - $110K Base Compensation
Reporting to: Director, Business Continuity
*****Seeking candidates with a minimum of 5 years BC/DR planning expertise. Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor Degree, CBCP or similar certification and investment industry work experience.
An experienced, technically-oriented and self-directed business continuity subject matter expert, who possess skills and ability to manage disaster recovery exercises and coordinate strategic business continuity planning and response activities.
• Coordinates activities to plan, test and if necessary execute disaster recovery (DR) plans and the firm-wide business continuity (BC) plan to ensure The Company can continue to operate its businesses.
• Participate in Business Impact Analysis to validate mission critical business processes, Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives meet business requirements and mitigate acceptable exposure to loss.
• Develop Business Continuity strategies for recovery of business processes, critical functions, operations and the supporting information technologies within the specified recovery time objectives.
• Coordinate emergency response procedures and plan activation procedures for each location. Lead the implementing of action plans to mobilize employees in response to an emergency. Activate Emergency Operations Center and corresponding command centers, ensure work areas are secure, assess any damage, and facilitate salvage and restoration activities.
• Manage Preparedness and Response for any crisis that may arise. Facilitate identification, escalation, and notification procedures to recovery from crisis situations.
• Identifies DR/BC goals and objectives consistent with corporate strategic plan
• Manages the development and implementation of BC/DR standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of BC/DR planning activities.
• Interfaces with IT application and infrastructure component “owners” to ensure applications and systems are appropriately assessed risk ranks and that current and adequate plans exist for those determined to be critical to The Company’s business.
• Assist to maintain the currency of continuity capabilities and the plan document in accordance with the organization’s strategic direction.
• Interfaces with DR/BC plan owners to organize BC/DR tests and exercises to improve the timeliness and quality of the BCM team response and to ensure adequate testing of business continuity plans.
• Organizes the communication and reporting of The Company’s BC/DR posture and progress against related improvement initiatives; this may include preparation of materials suitable for review by the firm’s Board of Directors
• Promote BC /DR training and awareness program that will create and maintain organizational awareness and enhance skills required to develop, implement, maintain, and execute all Business Continuity initiatives.
• Works with outside consultants, suppliers and service providers as appropriate for independent BC/DR enhancements, audits and reviews. Maintains relationships with external agencies regarding BC/DR matters.
• Coordinates efforts with and serves as back-up to the Director of Business Continuity.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
• Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) or similar industry certification
• Minimum of seven years experience in a technology position with a broad knowledge of the IT server and storage infrastructure, networks, application and desktop software
• Minimum of five years experience in a DR/BC design, development and maintenance role
• Investment industry experience preferred
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• IT business literacy; strong understanding of distributed computing principles
• Subject matter expertise in DR/BC principles and practices
• Ability to facilitate cross-functional and inter-departmental meetings
• Ability to validate technical configurations of networks, servers and storage required to support business recovery objectives
• Ability to maintain an enterprise focus while concentrating on specific issues
• Ability to motivate others (and thereby drive desired results) although no formal authority or reporting relationship exists
• Ability to respond to a crisis situation with a clear sense of urgency while exhibiting calm and confident behaviors
• Ability to perform risk analysis and gap analysis
• Ability to perform cost / benefit analysis of recovery scenarios
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to follow-up, follow through and deliver timely results
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2506.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Haase - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.