Position: Manager, Business Resiliency
Industry: Internet/ E-business
Location: Bellevue, WA – Prefer Local Candidates – Relocation Assistance
Compensation: Based on Experience
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Candidate must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
Our client is seeking an exceptional candidate for the role of Manager, Business Resiliency reporting to the Vice President of Shared Services within Global Customer Operations. The management level role will be accountable for defining and delivering an enterprise business resiliency strategy and framework across our client’s global portfolio of business units and more than fifty unique office locations. The role will significantly influence and challenge business units to identify and mitigate major business risk areas. The role joins the Shared Services Leadership Team and gains
exposure to both the senior leadership of GCO and within the Company.
• Define, develop and execute a business resiliency /continuity strategy and framework across more than a dozen Company business units and spanning 50+ unique office locations
• Develop innovative solutions and techniques to solve business resiliency challenges
• Partner with brand/OU leads and designated business area SMEs to achieve global resiliency standards, practices and
• Program manage business impact assessments, drafting of emergency playbooks, risk mitigation initiatives and resolve resiliency issues identified
• Monitor and incorporate industry trends and best practices
• A ‘can-do’ attitude and passion for Business Resiliency / Business Continuity Management at a large and fast-growing
• Industry certification such as CBCP, MBCI, PMP or equivalent required
• Working knowledge of Business Continuity Planning (BCP) practices and trends required
• Proven advanced grasp of methodologies and standards like NFPA 1600, BS25999, ITIL, ISO 22301 and others
as they emerge
• Strong technical expertise in Microsoft Office, emergency notification software, and other industry-specific tools
• Strong knowledge of process and project management and track record of delivering timely results
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
• 7-10 years experience in a business resiliency or similar role, with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business or equivalent work experience
• Management Consulting/Big Four or equivalent experience desired, but not required
• Demonstrated responsibilities in driving and developing Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery Programs or similar experience
• Leadership ability including envisioning and articulating a compelling strategy for business resiliency at Company
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to build and communicate a vision
• Excellent analytical skills to break down complex content into understandable and manageable outputs
• Exceptional organizational agility and execution skills, including the ability to navigate a fluid organization and work in a productive and cooperative way with a variety of people ranging from peer level managers to Division Presidents
Knowledge and behavior:
• Innovative thinker with initiative and ability to work independently
• Passion for Business Resiliency and the value it can provide
• Goal-oriented with self direction and drive
• Ability to gain credibility and drive through ideas with colleagues
• Team player
• Strong attention to detail
• Passion for the internet and travel - excited by technology / ecommerce in a Resiliency context
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2628.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.