Manager, Physical and Personnel Security
Permanent - Direct-Hire
Ottawa, ON Canada - Relocation Assistance Provided If Required
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2839
Position: Manager, Physical and Personnel Security
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Ottawa, ON Canada – If Required, Relocation Assistance Provided
Salary: Based on Experience, $96K - $120K CAN
Reporting to: Assistant Director of Security, the Manager of Physical and Personnel Security * Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and eligible for secret clearance.
* Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have 10+ years of dedicated security management expertise relating to physical and personnel security coupled with 8+ years management experience.
The Manager, Physical and Personnel Security is responsible for managing the day-to-day operational security function to ensure the safeguard of the Company’s infrastructure and personnel. The Manager is accountable for the management and functional integrity of the integrated personnel security screening and security control systems (i.e., card access, alarms, cameras) for all Company sites; security monitoring and response; and for the Security Officers/Operations at four Company locations.
• Managing a team of approximately 60 employees (both union and non-union staff).
• Responsible for budgeting and financial management.
• Maintain vendor-contractor relationships (contract remediation, contract re-tendering, legal recourse, etc.).
• Ensuring that standardized security operational standards and procedures are in place, officer training is up to date and exercise programs are followed.
• Providing subject-matter expertise, advice and support to site Operations Managers.
• Manage and lead security-oriented renovation and installation projects and studies.
• Establish and maintain effective and collaborative business relationships both within the Company and with external stakeholders, including with lead intelligence, security, facilities and safety agencies of the federal government, other levels of government and the private sector.
• Manage physical security operations.
• Direct and make appropriate assignments for corrective action and response to emergencies, and play an integral role in the Company’s Continuity of Operations Program (COOP).
• Coordinate and oversee physical and personnel security investigations.
• Coordinate and oversee the management of incidents involving physical and personnel security.
Skills and Qualifications:
• University degree in criminology, law, psychology or a relevant field.
• A minimum of 10 years of full-time experience in security management relating to physical and personnel security.
• A minimum of eight years of management experience, especially leadership, planning and budgeting, team dynamics, conflict management and best practices.
• Knowledge of security systems and current trends in security technology.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Bilingual in English and French.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and tact in dealing with personnel at various levels within the Company and with the public.
• Ability to be fair, consistent and impartial in approach to managing security staff.
• Ability to coach and obtain co-operation from others to achieve common goals, with well-developed leadership skills.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Experience with all facets of a physical, personnel and information security program.
• Ability to operate effectively under stress during emergency situations.
• Knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada (sections pertaining to the use of force and the powers of arrest).
• Ability to manage staff and resources and conduct a range of budgetary and resource planning exercises.
• Physical security management designation (CPP).
• Experience leading through change and/or managing large-scale projects.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
The Company is committed to employment equity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment from qualified men and women, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2839.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.