Manager Service Availability (IT Service Continuity)
Direct Hire Job Opportunity
Bothell, WA - Local Candidates - No Relocation Assistance
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2847
POSITION: MANAGER SERVICE AVAILABILITY (IT SERVICE CONTINUITY)
LOCATION: BOTHELL, WA (LOCAL CANDIDATES - NO RELOCATION)
STATUS: FULL TIME/PERMANENT
* Candidates must have current work authorization in place to work in the USA.
The Manager, Service Availability will lead several high visibility Continuous Service Improvement initiatives, aligned to the strategy developed by the Service Management leadership team. S/he will directly impact customer satisfaction by increasing IT Service reliability and availability, thus this role is critical to driving forward the clients Un-carrier strategy focused on excellent customer experience. The Manager will establish project and operations run activity priorities, based on business case, value proposition, return on investment and risks management. This role will be responsible for dashboards highlighting service levels and operational activities through direct system monitoring, analytic reviews, and metric mining.
The Manager will lead a world class support organization of approximately 10 staff organized in two teams; IT Problem Management and IT Service Continuity Management. Each team is aligned with a process within the ITIL framework.
As a leader, the Manager will focus on strategy and planning while developing and coaching your team. The Manager will set team priorities by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action. More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
• Support the adoption, acknowledgement and adherence to ratified standards and policies related to IT Service Management.
• Function as a subject matter expert for Problem Management and IT Service Continuity process areas
• Support new process integration initiatives and the ongoing improvement to existing processes
• Support process integration efforts with other IT Service Management processes
• Provide oversight on the analysis and reporting for Incident Management, Problem Management and IT Service Continuity
• Attending CAB meetings
• Attend and support a daily IT operations review conference call
• Support the maintenance of, and strategic direction for, the ITSM automation tools that enable Problem Management and IT Service Continuity
• Manage the identification and resolution of Problems and Known Errors
• Oversee the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for major incidents
• Manage Post Mortem reviews with multiple stakeholders on high impacting incidents to assist in driving towards identifying Root Cause, the associated Irreversible Corrective Actions, and the creation and publishing of detailed Executive Summary Reports
• Track and communicate the status of problem resolution efforts with all levels of the organization, from highly technical to key business leaders.
• Build and grow proactively focused Problem Management practices
IT Service Continuity Management
• Manage the role of IT Service Continuity within the Business Impact Analysis for all existing and new services
• Manage the implementation and maintenance of the ITSCM process, in accordance with the overall requirements of the organization's Business Continuity Management process, representing the IT Service Management function within the Business Continuity Management process
• Ensuring that all ITSCM plans, risks and activities underpin and align with all BCM plans, risks and activities are capable of meeting the agreed and documented targets under any circumstances.
• Performing risk assessment and risk management to prevent disasters where cost-justifiable and where practical.
• Developing and maintaining the organization's IT Service Continuity strategy
• Assessing potential service continuity issues and invoking the Service Continuity Plan if necessary
• Manage the Service Continuity Plan and activities during a continuity event
• Performing post mortem reviews of service continuity tests and invocations, and instigating corrective actions when required
• Ensuring that all IT service areas are prepared and able to respond to an invocation of the continuity plans
• Maintaining a comprehensive IT testing schedule, including testing all continuity plans in line with business requirements and after every major business change
• Manage quality reviews of all procedures and ensuring that these are incorporated into the testing schedule
• Communicating and maintaining awareness of ITSCM objectives within business areas and IT service areas
While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
• BS in technology or industry related experience is required.
• ITIL v3 Foundations certification required
• ITIL Operational Support and Analysis certification required
• ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization certification required
• ITIL Expert certification preferred
• 3-5 years of IT Management experience.
• 2-3 years prior experience managing Problem Management and IT Service Continuity processes
• 2-3 years prior experience driving Process Improvement initiatives. Successful track record of creating and implementing process improvement initiatives
• Knowledge of software development and delivery principles and methodologies
• System Analysis experience in the support/operation of an enterprise wide carrier class application, prefer a wireless environment (6-8 years preferred)
• Knowledge of wireless telecommunications industry (Prefer 6-8 years)
• Knowledge of wireless billing principles and processes (Prefer 6-8 years)
• Oral communications: Proven ability to express ideas verbally, including good presentation skills
• Written communications: Proven ability to produce a variety of business documents that display a command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation
• Intermediate to advanced skills working with Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
• Intermediate to advanced skills working with Remedy
• Intermediate to advanced skills working with BI reporting tools
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2847.
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 562-260-6791.