Managing Consultant - Information Security
Full-time, Direct Hire
Cleveland, OH or USA - Large Metro Cities
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2897
POSITION: Managing Consultant, Information Security
INDUSTRY: Professional Services/External Consulting
LOCATION: Targeting markets in Cleveland, OH; however, other large metro areas are also considered.
SALARY: DOE – Competitive package including base, bonus and LTI
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Only candidates with previous 3rd party consulting experience within a dedicated advisory practice will be considered.
Are you looking for a career with an organization where you can make a significant impact with client companies as a Business Continuity consultant? Our client, a Cleveland based Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery firm is looking for a Managing Consultant to join their team.
If you are a driven, detail-oriented individual that has worked in risk assessment, compliance, IT, contingency planning or business recovery - let's talk!
As a Managing Consultant, Information Security you will be charged with
- Responsible for providing overall direction and leadership for Information Security solutions for each engagement.
- Day to day management and execution of consulting engagements, with deep exposure to all elements of our consulting process.
- Identifying threats and vulnerabilities of a clients critical activities and supporting resources, as well as the impact that would have.
- Acts as a information security subject matter expert, interfacing with internal consultants and clients; maintains knowledge of new technologies.
- Actively supports the sale of consulting services by identifying selling opportunities and recommending consulting approaches.
- Establishes testing methodologies; plans and coordinates testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures of different functional areas. Assures that recovery procedures are effective for the restoration of key client resources and the resumption of critical business processes.
- Performs risk analysis to identify points of vulnerability to assess clients resilience to withstand disruption and recommends disaster avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Assists client incident response team members during a disaster with the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies. Acts as a resource (SME) during an emergency.
- 5-7 Years experience. Prior external consulting experience within a advisory practice is very important.
- Depth of knowledge in two or more of the core security domains: SSRC/GRC, IAM, SOC Operations, Applications and Data or Infrastructure Endpoint and Mobile Security.
- Analytical and strategic thinker; considers the strategic context of issues, ability to evaluate several options and question assumptions.
- Displays initiative, drive, and creative problem solving skills, can do attitude, resourcefulness.
- Results oriented with the ability to leverage diverse experience to drive results,.
- Experience in consultative selling of professional services
- Demonstrated success with preparing action plans to drive projects to closure and focus on high priority items.
- Strong presentation skills; articulate and professional.
- Ability to learn from mistakes, not afraid to fail.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and abroad, up to 40%.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Management, or Computer Science preferred.
The main benefit is working at a place you can believe in. Our formula for achieving that is simple:
- Hire passionate people
- Be transparent (we share nearly everything about our business)
- Involve everyone in decisions that impact them (we have a unique process to effectively do this)
- Competitive wages;
- Sustainable work life balance;
- Very generous paid time off program; and
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Paid Paternity & Maternity leave, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement and 401(k).
We are looking for smart, highly skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to learn, be challenged, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talents, apply today.
As a condition of employment with our client, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please submit updated resume and short bio to http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2897
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 562-260-6791.