Program Manager, Continuity & Emergency Management
Direct Hire Job Opportunity
Anchorage, AK - Local Candidates Preferred
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2848
Position: Program Manager, Continuity and Emergency Management
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Anchorage, AK – Preference will be given to local candidates
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have current work authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have 2+ years of dedicated business continuity expertise within a private sector company coupled with a Bachelor degree and CBCP or CBRM certification.
The Program Manager, Continuity and Emergency Management is a key position in the Company that will manage and continue enhancing all aspects of COMPANY’S comprehensive Emergency Management Program including business continuity and emergency response plans. Essential to COMPANY’S business continuity plan is the management and enhancement of the COMPANY’S Records Management Program. COMPANY operates in a highly competitive and dynamic industry and the Program Manager will be engaged in leading or participating in a variety of strategic projects including pursuing grant opportunities, implementing or enhancing programs to meet evolving regulatory requirements, and creating an overall Emergency Management Program that our customers perceive as a value add to COMPANY and to their business in the event of an emergency.
Additionally, this position will develop, improve, and manage implementation of a Corporate-wide Compliance Program with strong emphasis on wide-scope Regulatory compliance requirements, prevention and early detection of misconduct, and a solid Ethics Program. It will be responsible for managing new central initiatives and projects driven out to business units, working cross-functionally with Legal, Internal Audit, Finance, HR, and other key departments. The Sr Manager, EM, Compliance and Ethics will also identify compliance and ethics needs, effectively communicating changing requirements to the appropriate business units and Senior Management. Integrates compliance controls into the scope of existing business practices with management and functional compliance personnel.
Emergency Management & Records Management:
• Ensure the accuracy and currency of the documents that comprise the Crisis Management Program (CMP) including, but not limited to: Risk Assessment, Business Impact Analysis, Emergency Response Plan, Pandemic Response Plan, Business Continuity Plan, and Restoration Plan.
• Provide guidance and development support to the Crisis Management Team (CMT) and Business Recovery Teams (BRT) regarding documentation standards and best practices; identify any discrepancies, gaps, or overlays between team activities. Provide guidance in best-practice development and maintenance of the comprehensive emergency management program.
• Develop and implement all-employee training plans and exercises to ensure current knowledge of the ACS CMP. Develop annual exercise plans to test the CMP, CMT and BRT members. Coordinate the completion of the biennial risk assessment, as approved by the CMP Policy & Steering Committee and the biennial business impact analysis.
• Provide administrative support for the Program including maintenance of the CMP and Emergency Response Plan SharePoint sites; coordinate emergency supplies requirements and procurements; maintain CMT meeting minutes; collect and consolidate BRT status reports; draft quarterly reports to the CMP Policy and Steering Committee from the CMT lead.
• Develop, deliver, and maintain a Compliance training program, as appropriate to department and management level for the Company, to foster a Culture of Compliance where employees understand and know how to apply the Company’s Code of Conduct.
• Ensure Company is meeting or exceeding all applicable rules, regulations, laws and other operational requirements in order to mitigate risk. Coordinate and respond to internal and agency audits related to ethics and compliance and incorporate corrective plans into the Program as necessary.
• Monitor industry and regulatory developments and effectively communicate requirements to Senior Management and appropriate stakeholders.
• Assist HR in monitoring Helpline calls and coordinate with subject matter experts to research suspected violations of the corporations’ ethical standards, compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and corporate policies.
• Develop and coordinate Ethics training and communications, both Company- wide and needs-specific, to foster a responsibly ethical business culture.
• Promote ethical behavior and facilitate proper decision-making by providing tools and resources to do what is right in any situation.
• Assist in preparation of materials for presentation to the Ethics Committee, Board of Directors, or other identified audiences.
• Perform other duties and complete projects not specified on this job description, as assigned.
• Self Directed / Cross-Functional Leader – Ability to perform in a self-directed
manner, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams as necessary. One who recognizes the importance of the circle of influence in driving organizational accomplishment.
• Execution Discipline – Role model excellent work habits and techniques. Project management. Able to meet commitments – financial, schedule, and quality. Able to matrix manage and earn respect of the organization.
• Project Coordination Skills – Must process strong organization, planning, analytical and problem solving skills. Will assist project managers and directors in leadership and management of all aspects of projects on multiple, small-scale project planning, execution, timing, and functionality, quality, communication, and cost. Will draft and update project plans as directed by the project manager, lead meetings for issues, risks, change, and action items. Maintain project plans, provide project metrics, facilitate weekly update meetings, and create/update compliance and project documentation. Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout life cycle if the project.
• Communication Skills, Written & Oral – Must have excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to succinctly describe status of business, create detailed process documents from internal customer interviews, and create professional-level reports and documents as required.
• Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to gather raw data and process that data into a meaningful form. Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Job Performance - Ability to produce documents, programs, and actions necessary to the job and with an efficiency and caliber appropriate for a Senior Program Manager.
• Regulatory Awareness - Ability to evaluate, apply and communicate complex regulatory trends and changes in law to advise appropriate management staff of trends affecting their activities.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in emergency management, information technology, telecommunications, project management, risk management or other related field. Education/training in business, law, or related field also desired.
• A minimum of five (5) years experience managing diverse complex projects.
• A minimum of two (2) years experience in business continuity planning including drafting and editing associated plan documents in a private sector industry.
• Must have two (2) year experience researching, applying and interpreting regulations to both ensure compliance and meet varied business needs.
• CBCP or CBRM designation required.
• Experience in business continuity planning including drafting and editing associated plan documents.
• Computer Skills: Intermediate-level proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2848.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.