Position: Risk Specialist – Business Continuity
Location: New Berlin, NY
Compensation: Based on Experience
Reports to: Risk and Assurance Services Department
Candidate must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical level expertise in accomplishing business continuity planning and enterprise risk management for our client company. This position will also ensure alignment with strategy to guarantee timely and effective response to and recovery from a disaster situation to allow stability of business operations and minimize information loss. In addition, this role will serve to identify, evaluate, monitor, measure and report on various aspects within the business to aid in mitigating risk.
Baccalaureate degree. Master’s degree is preferred.
One professional designation or significant progress towards a designation in the Insurance, Finance, or Risk Management field.
Minimum of five to seven years of diversified professional experience, insurance experience in the property and casualty insurance industry; minimum of three years of experience in evaluating operational and financial reporting controls; or equivalent combination of education, designations and experience.
Strong technical skills including:
- Business and technology acumen
- Ability to meet deadlines during peak productivity periods
- Ability to meet business issues with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to effectively interact with corporate leadership/management
- Ability to evaluate operational and financial reporting control structures
- Ability to design, document, and test effective business continuity plans
- Superior technical skills including usage of business software applications to document control structures and continuity plans
- Superior technical skills to audit the effectiveness of control structures
- Excellent written and oral communication, listening, negotiating, presenting, time management, budget management, and project management skills
- Awareness of current and emerging technology solutions available to solve business problems
Internal - reports to Vice President of Finance & Risk Management. Partners with management in meeting organizational goals.
External – may periodically interact with the following:
- Audit and Risk Committee
- Various Auditors
- Various Insurance Departments
- Various Business Partners
Essential Functions & Key Deliverables:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for business continuity planning
- Develop a business recovery plan and create a recovery document including involved staff, areas and interdependencies essential during crisis
- Conduct impact analysis studies to further support or modify plan details to ensure optimal planning and minimal disruptions to business operations
- Partner with management to ensure proper planning and readiness at all times for each area of the business
- Establish and manage the continuity planning cycle for the enterprise
- Document plans for all functions across the organization
- Ensure plans are maintained and updated on a regular basis
- Design testing mechanisms to evaluate the effectiveness of plan
- Conduct training programs to educate staff on their role during a crisis situation
- Coordinate regular testing efforts (both live test and walkthroughs)
- Responsible for documentation and communication of areas for improvement highlighted by testing
- Create an action plan for improvements to the plan to correct any aspects as deemed necessary
- Remain educated and current on regulations and requirements that impact the plan
- Ensure the plan is developed and remains in compliance with all applicable regulations
- Risk mitigation through investigation, analysis, and management of areas identified within the company
- Recommend and formulate guidelines, procedures, and policies surrounding risk existing in various departments
- Other Responsibilities - This position may be engaged in overseeing various other enterprise risk management activities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel controls; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
**To be considered for this opportunity, please submit updated resume and short bio to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order# 2636. For questions contact – Cheyene Marling – firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.