Security Engineer or Sr. Security Engineer
Full-time, Permanent Hire
Marlborough, MA – Candidates must be local or able to relocate without assistance
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2864
Position: Security Engineer or Sr. Security Engineer
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Marlborough, MA – Candidates must be local or able to relocate without assistance
Salary: Based on Experience – 5+ years expertise.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have 5+ years of dedicated security engineer expertise.
Keys to this Position:
1. 5+ years of experience working as a Security Engineer. We will consider a junior person for this role.
2. Candidate must be a Security Engineer and have experience with at least one of the following four technologies - Palo Alto, Blue Coat, Cyberark or Source Fire. They will be working with all listed technologies but having 1 will suffice.
3. Candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to manage several initiatives at one time
4. CISSP would be a plus.
5. Experience in Securing Amazon Virtual Private Cloud Infrastructure is a huge plus
• Assists in providing the safekeeping and integrity of information assets by maintaining systems and controls that prevent unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, and/or deletion of information from production systems networks and resources.
• Directly interfaces with business line technical experts to provide guidance on authorization authentication and encryption solutions.
• Consults with business units regarding their changing business and technical plans to ensure that information security issues are addresses early in the project life cycle.
• Provides advocacy during the design and development of network security focusing on firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Digital Signatures, Certificate Authorities, PKI, encryption schemas, centralized authentication and access control.
• Implements and reviews changes to security rule sets.
• Monitors changes in hardware, software and user requirements at all sites to ensure security is not compromised or degraded.
• Leads the design and further establishment of perimeter system security, and defense in depth.
• Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster information security awareness by developing and deploying Education and Awareness Programs.
• Assists with forensic/security investigations.
• Monitors, maintains and provides operational support of the security infrastructure.
Audit and monitor IT Security best practices including Firewall/Network Design, Anti Virus Strategy, Platform Maintenance, systems access ID and logon procedures and policies, file transfer protocols and data loss prevention.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• 5 or more years of IT Security Experience
• (CISSP) Certified Information Systems Security is strongly preferred.
• A strong understanding of networking and network implementations.
• Professional Experience in UNIX, Windows, Linux, TCP/IP, Storage Devices, network devices, fail safe strategies, system architecture, LAN and WAN methods and Intranet/Internet security environments, patch management, vulnerability testing.
• Excellent analytical, written, oral communication and presentation skills
• Strong project management skills with the ability to manage several initiatives at one time
• Firewalls, ideally Palo Alto
• Palo Alto Intrusion Detection/Prevention
• Sourcefire Intrusion Prevention
• Juniper SSL/VPN
• Blue Coat proxies
• Symantec End Point Protection
• Vulnerability scanners
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2864.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.