Position: Senior Business Continuity Advisor
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: New York, NY – Local Candidates Only
Salary: Based on Experience
*Candidates must have current work authorization in place to work in the USA. NO sponsorship or transfer of sponsorship available.
• Serve as subject matter expert and provide guidance and support for Business Continuity Officers and Coordinators in the analysis, planning, development, implementation, testing, review, and maintenance of Business Continuity and Incident Management programs and plans.
• Assist in the planning, organization and, where requested by the business unit, facilitation of Business Continuity Plan/ Incident Management exercises and reviews.
• Review business continuity programs to ensure alignment with newly developed policies and standards.
• Provide a means to establish and share BC/ IM best practices across the organization.
• Provide focal point advice for all matters relating to Business Continuity and Incident Management
• Assist Businesses and corporate service groups in the development of their Incident Management programs
• Ensure Global Incident Management plan is maintained and updated in accordance with policies and standards.
• Act as liaison with Corporate Security on the ongoing support of their Operations Center
• Maintain a daily watch on developing events/ incidents around the world. Monitor potential impact the organizations personnel, operations or assets and escalate accordingly
• Provide guidance, coordination, and support in the analysis and validation of unfolding incidents for the Global Incident Management Team
• Assist with the development of Incident Management exercises.
• Provide post exercise reviews, analysis and debriefs
• Develop and test emergency communication/notification procedures
• Represent the Global Business Continuity Group on the Operational Risk Management (ORM) Steering committee.
• Assist in maintaining policies and standards.
• Provide a 6 monthly report to Senior Management identifying BC risk areas and actions being taken to address/ mitigate those risks
• Provide definition guidance and support of enterprise wide Key Risk indicators and the reporting of same. Training, Education & awareness
• Assist in the development and delivery of training to Business Continuity Officers and Planners on policies and standards.
• Provide training to BC Coordinators on all matters relating to Business Continuity and Incident Management.
• Develop and deliver tailored training packages for Business Continuity Officers for deployment across their organizations.
• Assist in the development and delivery of awareness days linked to BC matters (e.g. general BC awareness, Pandemic Flu awareness)
• Provide regular, written, project and status updates.
• Take part in weekly departmental status meetings.
• Work within the team to identify innovative and consistent solutions/ mitigation plans for new risks/ threats to the organization.
• Provide information/ metrics relating to threats, events and incidents as requested by Director
Must demonstrate accomplishments in all area’s previously identified
• 5 + years experience in business continuity / disaster recovery, or related fields
• Strong project management skills, with effectiveness in developing tasks and coordinating resources to achieve target dates
• Ability to coordinate across multiple organizations using exemplary judgment and discretion.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills
• Strong data analysis skills, including querying, analysis, and reporting
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications, Image manipulation using various packages and specialist software tools such as (but not exclusively) mapping software
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2712.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.