Position: Senior Business Continuity Consultant – IT/DR Focus
Location: Houston, TX – Local Candidates Only
Compensation: Based on Experience
Candidate must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
The Enterprise Business Resiliency Department of a BC Management client is recruiting a Senior Business Continuity Consultant. This is a full time position with an emphasis on both disaster recovery and business continuity planning. It is a unique opportunity for a business continuity professional looking to be part of a team committed to growing the maturity and awareness of business continuity within the organization and to make a great contribution to our overall preparedness and risk management.
**Client is requesting candidates have 7+ years technology and disaster recovery testing as it pertains to operating systems, client server architectures, TCP/IP, network routing and switching, middleware, and web services.
· Assist in the development and testing of disaster recovery plans and in discovering, tracking, and facilitating the remediation of gaps in our ability to recover.
· Analyze risk associated with the business continuity and recoverability of third party applications and services.
· Help prepare for and provide communication, coordination, and guidance during events that impact our processes, people, and technology.
· Work closely with business and operations teams to understand their processes and applications and the following as it relates to them:
o Inter-dependencies with other processes and applications
o The who, how, what and where of recovery during a disruptive event
o Workarounds they could use to help recover if other dependencies are not available
· Conduct periodic risk assessment of the assets of the company to identify points of vulnerability, points of failure and identify risk avoidance, recovery, and mitigation strategies.
· Provide professional, specialized skills, including disaster recovery planning, technology points of failure analysis, business continuity planning, project and risk management, and preparedness training and awareness.
· Assist business and operations teams with assessment of potential business impact (Business Impact Analysis).
· Develop schedules for training/awareness for business and operations teams and coordinate business continuity plan exercises.
· Help safeguard data processing operations by identifying potential problems that may result in interruptions to critical data processing operations.
· Assist in continually maturing and innovating our frameworks, standards, policy, and processes for business continuity, incident management, and disaster recovery across the enterprise.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a team player within a diverse organization.
· Demonstrated success in coordination of projects and ability to manage multiple tasks with time sensitive
· Experience in performing risk assessment and analysis within business continuity areas.
· 7+ years experience in technology and disaster recovery testing. Ideally, the candidate has experience with business continuity planning and incident management as well.
· Experience providing preparation and recovery training to business teams.
· Understanding of and proven aptitude with technologies such as operating systems, client server architectures, TCP/IP, network routing and switching, middleware, and web services.
· Experience with NIMS framework and incident management planning is desirable.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
**To be considered for this opportunity, please submit updated resume and short bio to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order# 2650. For questions contact – Cheyene Marling – [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.