Position: Senior Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Analyst
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Los Angeles, CA – No Relocation Assistance Provided. Preference will be given to local candidates
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: VP, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
Work authorization to work within the USA must already be in place.
Our client is seeking an experienced Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery professional with 3-5 years BC/DR planning expertise. Candidates must have a broad understanding of both business and technology as it pertains to BC/DR planning.
• Assist the BC/DR Program Manager with building the BC/DR program, using industry best practices for both business continuity and disaster recovery/technology
• Facilitates risk assessments to evaluate potential threats to business viability and associated risks
• Creates and maintains both business continuity and disaster recovery/technology plans by meeting with key recovery members
• Strives to understand business function/process recovery strategies and critical technology recovery solutions
• Conducts business impact analyses to identify time-sensitive business units/processes; can understand analysis and results to create and deliver management reports to key stakeholders
• Documents procedures, training materials, and policies, as assigned
• Assists in preparation for audit events
• Develops and executes DR tests, BC exercises, and test drills
• Conducts research, if required
• Understands emergency and incident management and can assist in developing strategies for both
• Assists in developing enterprise communication plans
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or a business field is a plus
• BC-DR Certification is strongly desired (ABCP, CFCP, CBCP, MBCP, CBCI, AMBCI, SBCI, MBCI, and/or DRCE)
• One to five years of experience in Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery related area
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; this will be assessed during the interview process
• Demonstrated proficiency in following instructions, problem solving, proof reading, quality assurance, analytical skills, and MS Office (Visio, Word, Excel, Project)
• Must be able to understand technology to write thorough documentation
• Disaster recovery testing experience is a plus
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2591.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.