Senior Manager Business Continuity
Direct Hire/ Permanent
California - Silicon Valley
Position: Senior Manager Business Continuity
Industry: Information Technology
Location: California - Silicon Valley (California based candidates preferred. No relocation assistance provided.)
Compensation: DOE – Base salary, bonus, RSU’s and competitive benefit package.
Reports to: Director of Risk Management
Travel: Some domestic and international travel required 20%
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
Client requirements: All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Proven experience owning and developing (from scratch) global business continuity/crisis management program for large enterprise organization. Individuals with only third party consulting experience will not be considered. Experience must be with a dedicated organization.
A client of BC Management is seeking a successful candidate for their Senior Manager Business Continuity role. The Business Continuity & Risk Manager is responsible for the development and management of the Company’s Business Continuity Program which includes crisis management, department recovery and support of the IT Disaster Recovery Plan. This position will support the overall Risk Management functions including the design and procurement of the insurance program, contract review and Enterprise Risk Management. This hybrid role provides the opportunity to work on the continuum of managing risk across the entire organization.
Retaining customer confidence in the event of a disaster is critical to the client and requires seamless integration of all aspects of Business Continuity (BC). BC’s primary focus is administering a program that identifies critical processes, associated risk to those processes, and develops preparedness strategies and plans to mitigate the risk resulting in minimal operational disruptions. The new position of Sr. Manager, Business Continuity will lead the Global Business Continuity Program Office including design and implementation of crisis management and business recovery plans (for both offices and IBX data centers); oversight of emergency response, which is owned by Facilities; and partner with IT on disaster recovery planning.
The Business Continuity Program Office resides within Risk Management, located at the client’s global headquarters in Redwood City, California. This position reports to the Director, Risk Management and will communicate across all levels of the organization, including significant exposure to senior management.
• Evaluate developing situations globally to determine the need to trigger the crisis management process
• Update plans and provide training as needed
• Develop and facilitate annual exercises
• Develop recommendations associated with travel to high risk locations
Recovery Plans – Office & IBX
• Periodically update/perform business impact analysis (BIA)
• Evaluate threat and risk assessments for changes/developments in the risk profile
• Determine criticality of business processes and resource requirements for recovery
• Develop recovery strategies and workaround procedures and assist with implementation
• Work with departmental business continuity coordinators to create or maintain departmental business recovery plans, including recovery strategies, RTOs and RPOs
• Develop process flows and map dependencies on a departmental and enterprise-wide basis
Partner closely with Information Technology on Disaster Recovery
• Maintain Master applications list
• Ensure coordination and alignment between office, data center recovery requirements and IT plans
• Participate in testing
• Support Facilities and Operations to ensure Plans are in place.
Training & Communication
• Increase enterprise-wide business continuity awareness and ownership
• Align business continuity with operational and information security incident management processes
• Provide ongoing training to all plan personnel
• Periodic updates on program status, accomplishments and challenges to varying levels of management
• Select and maintain business continuity planning and emergency notification systems
• Complete periodic system upgrades, testing and downloads
• Develop annual department budget
• BA/BS in Physical Security, Business Continuity, Information Technology, Finance or related field.
• Six to eight years proven business continuity planning/testing/analysis experience (preferably 4+ years within a management role)
• Proven experience developing business continuity program for global organization.
• Professional certification (DRII, BCI, or ITIL) preferred
• Knowledge of risk management disciplines including information security risk , information technology risk, vendor risk, and operational risk
• Experience in using business continuity planning applications and emergency notifications systems
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Strong time management skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment while maintaining aggressive deadlines
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
• Up to 20% travel, both domestic and international
• Presentation to senior management
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap. Our client maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre employment substance abuse testing.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2908.
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc at [email protected] or +1 562-260-6791.