Position: Senior Manager Compliance Audit
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Tulsa, OK – Will Assist with Relocation
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: Director of Audit
*Our client is seeking a Senior Manager Compliance Audit. The chosen candidate will have previous experience managing a compliance audit program within a large financial services company ($25B+) coupled with previous staff management expertise. This role will have 2 direct reports with additional indirect reports.
The Senior Manager, Compliance Audit is primarily responsible for developing the Compliance Audit Plan and coordinating with the Chief Auditor and Corporate Audit Senior Manager to provide a comprehensive independent assessment of controls and policies designed comply with regulatory requirements guidelines and frameworks established by applicable state and federal regulatory agencies, including but not limited to the OCC, CFPB, FINRA and SEC. To this end, the Senior Manager, Compliance Audit is responsible for the supporting independent enterprise-wide compliance risk assessment framework. The incumbent develops the audit approach based on the risk assessment, regulatory guidance and industry best practices.
The Senior Manager, Compliance Audit provides leadership and coaching to optimize team and individual performance as well as technical guidance on developments in banking laws and regulations and financial reporting requirements. The incumbent recommends revisions or enhancements to policies, procedures or programs as applicable.
The Senior Manager, Compliance Audit assists with the Chief Auditor’s communications to the Audit Committee, BOKF management, external auditors and regulators.
The Senior Manager remains independent in all activities as the incumbent’s purpose is to independently test for compliance with consumer laws and regulations. This function is a key component of the compliance management system.
- Documents and communicates compliance audit findings and issues to senior management. Identifies and reports root cause of issues and monitors remediation efforts to ensure timely resolution. Maximizes the continuous audit function by utilizing technology to automate testing and coordinates Compliance Audits with Corporate Audits where practical.
- Communicates regularly with Compliance Management to understand projects, procedural changes and other developments resulting from regulatory changes under Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform, Consumer Protection Act (DFA) and other initiatives. Performs independent testing to assess effectiveness of new and existing controls and procedures.
- Directs and supervises work of Compliance Audit team to ensure timely completion of the Compliance Audit Plan. Provides leadership and oversight during planning of compliance audit work ensuring audit programs adequately address assessed risk and consideration is given to management concerns and changes in the regulatory environment, procedures and product offerings. Ensures scope and objectives are understood by team members and auditees. Coaches team members and provides timely performance-related feedback. Ensures audit resources are adequate, develops subject matter experts and succession plans.
- Directs and performs special projects, procedures or audits not covered by the audit plan as necessary or as directed by the Chief Auditor, including due diligence for proposed acquisitions, analysis of various compliance issues that arise, assistance in the development and review of new department procedures and systems applications, etc.
- Monitors changes to banking regulations and performs impact analyses as appropriate. Recommends company position on legislative and regulatory issues as applicable. Performs peer analysis, industry research and compiles other intelligence regarding emerging trends and significant issues.
- Coordinates with third parties, including any out-sourcing or co-sourcing. Leverages third party engagements to develop compliance audit team. Assists the Chief Compliance Officer with regulatory exams as needed. Maintains strong, professional relationships with external parties including regulators. Ensures top quality independent compliance testing is delivered in a timely manner.
- Conducts staff meetings to communicate regulatory developments on a regular basis. Seeks additional opportunities for staff development.
- Assists the Chief Auditor in developing the annual department objectives and operating plan, including budgets and staffing requirements. Considerations include the regulatory environment, the corporate strategic plan and related growth initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge of state banking codes, laws and regulation including, but not limited to the following states: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Missouri, Kansas, Texas and Wisconsin
- Extensive knowledge of federally recognized examination procedures to evaluate compliance with applicable Federal and State laws and regulations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Advanced PC and software skills and strong aptitude for learning bank systems
- Expertise in interpreting and communicating complex federal and state regulations to personnel corporate-wide
- Strong leadership, team building, analytical and organizational skills
- Expertise in navigating through ambiguity and managing and coordinating multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable Federal banking laws and regulations which may include but are not limited to:
Reg D–Reserve Requirements of Depository Institutions
Reg C – Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
Reg X – Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
Reg E – Electronic Funds Transfer Act
Reg Z – Truth in Lending Act
Reg AA – Unfair Deceptive Abusive Acts and Practices
Reg CC – Expedited Funds Availability Act
Reg BB – Community Reinvestment Act
Reg DD – Truth in Savings
Reg G – SAFE Act
Reg GG – Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act
Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
Reg V - Fair Credit Reporting Act
Flood Disaster Protection Act
Fair Housing Act
Interest on Deposits/NOW Accounts
Homeowner’s Equity Protection Act
Preservations of Consumers’ Claims and Defenses
Right to Financial Privacy Act
Bank Secrecy Act
12 CFR 103 Financial Recordkeeping
Regulation P - Financial Privacy Regulations
SCRA – Service members Civil Relief Act
Do Not Call/Do Not Fax Regulations
Safeguarding Customer Information Guidelines
CAN-SPAM Act – Email Solicitation
FCC/FTC Applicable Regulations
Interagency Guidance on Internet Banking and Dual Authentication Methodology
E-SIGN – Electronic Signatures Act
Reg II – Debit Card Interchange Fees and Routing
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2720.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.