Sr. Consultant - Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
Permanent, Direct-Hire or Contract-to-Hire
Los Angeles, CA & San Diego, CA - Local Candidates Only
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2800
Position: Sr. Consultant - Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery - 2 Openings
Location: Los Angeles, CA & San Diego, CA - Local Candidates Only
Industry: BC/DR consulting firm.
Status: Full time/Permanent (W2) will also consider contract-to-hire
* Candidates must have current work authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Candidates will be expected to pass a thorough background check.
The Senior Consultant is a new team position created to fulfill a key role with our expanding the clients Continuity Program service; whose objective is to help condition our client’s organizations to rapidly change when faced with a disruptive crisis or disaster event to ensure a controlled soft landing. We are continuing to deliver this program to an ever growing client list and we need leaders who will help our clients be successful by providing outstanding customer service and product delivery services.
Position Summary (purpose):
External: Our senior consultants are the senior leaders who work in partnership with our clients and their personnel to fulfill contract specifics on time and within budget. Often the senior consultants will take a leadership role in directing other consultants for one or more contracts.
After first providing the clients strategic vision to the client in regards to directing the business continuity, crisis management, life safety and disaster recovery initiatives globally throughout each client, our consultants will then advise them how to best implement the our Continuity Program in order to meet their continuity objectives.
Consultants work to educate and improve the structure and efficiency of an organization’s state of readiness to face any adversity or challenge and will ensure a high level of awareness across the company as well as the appropriate preparedness of personnel during a business crisis or disastrous event.
Our consultants may be used to provide strategic guidance to our client’s with regard to resiliency tactics, tools or training strategies that enable our clients to reach their desired state of conditioning. For each of these, our consultants will be used to provide guidance during the needs assessment, the right selection and procurement of the tool along with providing highly expert technical assistance, user training and feedback.
Internal: Our senior consultants are expected to be a leader and coach to their fellow consultants.
Responsible for being a key team member in the design, development and the ongoing implementation of The client’s Continuity Program in the small, medium and large organizations within different industries.
The goal of the clients Continuity Program is to ensure a state of readiness that enables an appropriate response to any disruption, crisis or disaster that would compromise our client’s critical business processes.
Our consultants may be involved in business development, as well as technical duties.
Typical Work Activities:
• Meeting with clients to determine requirements
• Working with clients to define the scope of a project
• Managing projects with planning and execution strategies
• Clarifying a client's Continuity specifications while understanding the nature of their business and work practices
• Travelling to customer sites
• Liaising with staff at all levels of a client organization
• Defining BC, DR, CM and LS requirements
• Analyzing the client’s continuity tool requirements and giving independent and objective advice
• Developing agreed solutions and implementing new systems
• Presenting solutions in written and oral reports
• Helping clients with change-management activities
• Designing, testing, installing and monitoring new continuity strategies, solutions and tools
• Preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to clients
• Organizing training for users and other consultants
• Being involved in sales support and, where appropriate, maintain contact with client organizations
• Identifying potential clients to build and maintain contacts
• Contributing team member
• Effective communicator
• Great work ethic
• Goal and action-oriented
• Self-starter / directed / confident
• Accepts responsibility for own actions
• Likes to work collaboratively / team
• Enjoys people and likes to serve others
• Business acumen
• Functions in an environment of uncertainty
• Perceptive; Innovator; Problem-solver
• Willing to devote the time and energy it takes to be successful
• Able to see what needs to be done and then do it
• Flexible and adaptable when necessary
• Wants to grow his/her own client business
Key Performance Indicators (Used to assess performance):
• Client continued sponsorship and senior leadership satisfaction with our services
• Client satisfaction among all stakeholders
• Deliverables achieved on time and within budget
• Adherence to contract scope or renegotiated scope
• Being a great team member
• Achieving expected state of conditioning results per each contract
• Level of audit and regulatory compliance
Primary Responsibilities with our Clients:
• Serve as the champion for the client.
• Create and implement the client methodology for the purpose of conducting the business impact analysis and dependency assessment to ensure all appropriate information is gathered and thus ensure the assessment of business and technology risks are appropriately identified and evaluated
• Assess the business and/or financial impact of each critical and important business and technology function and identify an acceptable recovery time objective for all functions
• As required, meet with executive management to present and discuss methodologies, requirements and strategies for enterprise resiliency planning
• Develop and communicate companywide the overall strategy for resiliency planning, including standards and procedures
• Manage the development of an enterprise resiliency program that encompasses the recovery efforts of all business and technology functions during a disaster as well as the emergency response planning initiatives
• Develop an awareness program to be used companywide for the purpose of educating company employees on the importance of an enterprise resiliency program and inform them of the processes to follow during a disaster
• Maintain simple, accurate and viable resiliency program documentation
• Develop and launch recovery exercise methodologies and tests
• Re-evaluate the resiliency program based on the results of these exercises / tests and update accordingly
• Develop a measurement evaluation tool for the purpose of ensuring a continued state of readiness throughout the resiliency program
• Evaluate and implement alternative communication channels to be used during a disaster
• Assess and negotiate service contract agreements with external service providers as it relates to Rapid Continuity
• Provide leadership and management in the event of a disaster when possible
• Monitor the resiliency program as it relates to audit and regulatory compliance
• Position will require some travel and off-hour, on-call support (on an as needed basis)
Mandatory Skills and Experiences:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
• Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience with designing or performing all aspects of the business continuity lifecycle (program design BIA, risk assessment, strategy development, plan documentation, exercise facilitation, training and awareness, assessment)
• Industry certification highly desired
• Outstanding writing and presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• managing and executing complex projects on time and on budget
• Strong presentation, writing and communication skills
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To be considered for this position, please submit updated resume to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order # 2800.
For questions, please contact Alicia Stevens - firstname.lastname@example.org.