Position: Sr Disaster Recovery /Business Continuity Consultant - Permanent Position
Status: Full-time, Permanent Employee
Location: Preference will be given to candidates on the east coast, but may be based in any large metropolitan city within the USA
Base Compensation: $75 - $90K
Travel: Up to 80%
Candidates must have work authorization to work in the USA.
*****Our client company, a large, international consulting firm, is seeking consulting professionals to hire on a full-time, permanent basis. Candidates must have 5-8 years expertise in disaster recovery/ business continuity planning coupled with 3rd party consulting expertise (working for a consulting firm providing BC/DR consulting services to a third party organization, not internal consulting within the same corporation).
**Job Description: Mandatory skills**
The primary role of the candidate will be: Conducting analysis, data gathering, reporting and Disaster Recovery Plan development for this customer’s Applications.
• Consulting experience in the area of Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Incident Management.
• Should have some recognized Disaster Recovery certification such as CBCP, ABCP, MBCI.
• Ability to construct IT Disaster Recovery Plans, Restore procedures and design Test Exercise events.
• The role is responsible for understanding the functional requirements of the project, the business issue being addressed, development of the necessary project and resource plans to identify and document requirements, and implement the recommended solutions.
• Working with the other Company Team and Customer contacts, as well as third party vendors to develop recovery strategies that align with their business requirements.
• Develop IT Recovery Plan documentation that demonstrates the capability to fail over/restore the customers production environment at the alternate location.
• Schedule, lead and report on various data gathering, reporting and management level customer and internal meetings.
• The position is responsible for all project deliverables and documentation throughout the project life cycle including, but not limited to, resource management, project quality, project scope and budget.
Other Requirements: Good-to-have skills
• Storage Technologies: Strong experience in storage vendor BC/DR, Disc Storage and replication solutions: e.g., EMC products (SRDF, RecoverPoint, Networker, Avamar, Data Domain), Network Appliance, Sun Storagetek, HP EVA or Storagework.
• Virtualization: Experience with the leading virtualization technology vendors including Vmware, Microsoft (Hyper-V), Citrix (XenServer) and others. Design, implementation and architecture experience a plus.
• Ability to initiate and prioritize multiple threads of work efforts and deadlines.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and internal project management regarding status, issues and risks to project.
• Knowledge of the applications and/or technology infrastructure that the project is addressing.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to work successfully across organizational lines and influence outcomes.
• Strong analytical skills, including change impact analysis to existing solutions.
• Must have experience preparing presentation quality documents and executive level summaries.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
• Must be service-oriented.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2613.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.