Position: Senior Disaster Recovery Specialist
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Houston, TX - local candidates
This senior level specialist in disaster recovery (DR) oversees development, implementation, testing and maintenance of the company DR strategy. This includes partnering with internal IT and cross-company teams to align processes and procedures within the organization in order to respond to a disaster and recover the critical business functions within the defined RTO/RPOs. This position will also be responsible for participating in any actual disaster recovery effort.
Duties and Responsibilities:.
• Performs accelerated risk assessment and related impact analysis, including the establishment of RTO/RPO.
• Drive DR technical solutions design leveraging internal and external partners. Responsible for DR implementation.
• Establishes disaster recovery testing methodologies; plans and coordinates the testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas. Assures that recovery procedures are effective for the restoration of key corporate resources and for the resumption of critical business processes.
• Provides guidance to and coordinates the efforts of staff members in the development of recovery procedures for key areas of the organization.
• Analyzes and identifies points of vulnerability and recommends disaster avoidance and reduction strategies.
• Periodically reviews changes in corporate resources with the management of those areas to assure the effectiveness of the recovery procedures and backup capabilities.
• Leads the development of IT emergency response procedures.
• Conducts disaster recovery training for staff members in all functional areas. Assists in providing instructional and
informational materials on emergency response for all roles. Provides guidance in the maintenance of a library of recovery support and business resumption procedures.
• Assists recovery support and business resumption staff during a disaster in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies. Acts as an IT coordinator during an emergency.
• Works with vendors of disaster recovery services and facilities; studies and recommends outside services for use during a disaster situation.
• Maintains contact with outside organizations participating in reciprocal agreements, where appropriate.
• Prescribes IT DR requirements for new environment, systems and/or facilities.
• Provides thought leadership in technology direction, technical services, vendor partnership and industry
• Provides coordination across teams to encourage application of standards and adherence to standards based methodologies.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with ten years of increasing responsibility in technical IT roles required. Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for the degree.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience developing, communicating and maintaining DR programs using current techniques and technologies.
• Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity experience in a Fortune 500 company preferred. Certificates,
Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements: CBCP, MBCP CISSP or equivalent is required
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success:
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses.
• The ability to develop a clear understanding of the company's key functional processes and resources.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal skills, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
• Experience in Disaster Recovery related to the following disciplines:
• LAN/WAN networking technologies
• VMware Virtualization products (Server, ESX)
• Backup software and disk to disk solutions
• Enterprise Storage and replication capabilities
• Host Based replication technologies
Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2550
To learn more about the position, please contact Alina Howard - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-220-3699