Senior Manager, Enterprise Business Continuity Management
Direct Hire, Permanent
Position: Sr. Manager, Enterprise Business Continuity Management
Status: Full-time, Permanent/ Direct Hire
Location: Chicago, IL – Candidates must be local or able to relocate without assistance
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates must have BCM financial/ banking industry expertise.
The mandate of Enterprise Business Continuity Management (EBCM) is to ensure an effective enterprise Business Continuity Management (BCM) governance framework that is consistent with general regulatory requirements and industry best practices/standards is developed, maintained and adhered to across the Enterprise.
Enterprise Business Continuity Management ensures that an auditable governance framework, consistent with general regulatory requirements for BCM across jurisdictions in which the Bank operates, is developed, maintained, and adhered to across the Enterprise, so that the Bank is appropriately prepared for, and can respond to unexpected disruptions to normal activities.
Management and Governance of the Enterprise Business Continuity Management (BCM) Program
As the Center of Competence and Corporate Support Area (CSA) for Enterprise BCM, deliver and integrate all components of an effective governance framework for Enterprise Business Continuity Management. Major components include:
- Ensure ongoing alignment of the BCM program and governance processes with the requirements of the Operational Risk Management Framework requirements
- Develop and/or revise the Enterprise BCM Corporate Standard to ensure that the Bank’s BCM governance framework is consistent with general regulatory across jurisdictions in which the Bank operates.
- Develop Procedural Guidelines, tools and templates for BCM to ensure the effective development, implementation and testing of BCM plans in units throughout the Bank. Procedural guidelines must be consistent with BCM industry best practices (International Business Continuity Institute) and must facilitate effective plan development and testing.
- Enable development of unit based Business Continuity Plans through provision of tools, training and advice to BCP Coordinators in banking groups across the Bank to help ensure that banking group plans comply with BCM Program requirements and are consistent across the Enterprise.
- Identify the need for, and facilitate development of new processes as required for effective implementation of the BCM Framework.
- Facilitate integration of BCM requirements into other Enterprise programs, such as Audit, RCA, IAAP, Scenarios, Project Management, etc.
- Facilitate, and chair where appropriate, senior Governance Committees in support of the BCM Framework to ensure effective implementation of the Enterprise BCM Framework.
- Develop, define and implement governance metrics (Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators) that are appropriate for use as multi-purpose risk metrics by various governance groups including Risk Forums in all Banking Groups and Enterprise Portfolio and Risk Management (CRM and CORM) and consistent with Enterprise strategies and external benchmarks for business continuity. Metrics must include emerging initiatives such as integrated testing and the MCPS initiative.
- Monitor the regulatory environment and assess the impact of new or proposed changes in external requirements in all jurisdictions in which the Bank operates. Modify the governance framework (Corporate Standard, Guidelines, etc.) to reflect new requirements where warranted, and recommend additional actions to senior executive as required to maintain cost-effective compliance with external requirements.
- Monitor KRIs and KPIs in significant business units (currently about 500-600 units) to ensure the integrity of the enterprise planning and testing efforts, and the consequent ability of the enterprise to withstand and/or respond appropriately to an unexpected interruption in normal business activities.
- Monitor, report and/or facilitate timely delivery of all commitments made to the Board of Directors with respect to business continuity.
- Review all audit reports that include deficiencies in business continuity, and follow up with impacted banking units to assist in resolution as required.
- Report progress on unit, Banking Group, and Enterprise BCM status as appropriate. Reporting must be of sufficient detail and accuracy to facilitate resolution of inadequate progress or non-compliance with Bank Policy.
- Prepare reports for presentation by the Deputy Group Head and COO, T&S for delivery to the Bank’s Risk Review Committee and/or Board of Directors. Reporting to occur not less than annually.
- Develop and manage an Employee Awareness Program to ensure that bank employees are familiar with BCM requirements, and adequately prepared and capable of responding appropriately in the event of an unexpected disruption to normal activities.
- Benchmark Enterprise BCM activities against external benchmarking tools to ensure that the Bank’s BCM is adequate and consistent with external industry standards and practices.
- Participate in external committees and forums, most notably the Canadian Interbank Business Continuity Committee, and the Emergency Management Committee and Status Group (sub-committee of the CBA) and the Interbank Contingency Planning Committee to ensure representation of the Bank in interbank activities related to BCM and to facilitate benchmarking of the Bank BCM Governance Framework against our peer group.
- Management and Governance of the Event Management Framework
- Develop and manage the Enterprise Event Management Framework (EMF) to ensure the existence of a formal structure and the availability of appropriate information (BCM data, BCM accountabilities and authorities, contact information) and tools that are used to ensure prompt and effective handling of broad-based incidents.
- Coordinate and chair the Enterprise Response and Status Team (ERST) as required under the Enterprise Event Management Framework, maintain documentation for enterprise events, and facilitate debrief with ERST after major events as required (level 3+)
- Facilitate regular testing of the Bank’s Event Management protocols for ERST to ensure the adequacy and integrity of documented protocols and tools.
- Provide training and support other Event Management teams as necessary to help ensure they update their team profile and call trees, and test their plans on a regular basis.
- Managerial Leadership
- Demonstrates leadership, by setting an example of high performance in line with BM values
- Provides informal performance feedback and coaching
- Makes recommendations regarding resourcing and hiring
- Effectively deploys physical, financial and human resources
- Ensures that the group collaborates appropriately with other groups across the Enterprise in order to create and maintain a high performing team.
- Advise units in all Banking groups on Business Continuity Management planning and testing requirements
- Audit BCM plan completion by all banking groups.
- Coordinate work effort required for completion and maintenance of BCM enhancement initiatives.
- Monitor the quality of documentation and identified planning efforts.
- Recommend strategies for the Enterprise business continuity governance infrastructure.
- Recommend strategies for the T&S governance infrastructure.
Education and Cross Functional Relationships
- Coordinate with all Banking Groups as necessary through ERST during a cross enterprise event
- Advise/engage the BCM Executive Champion Team on status and issues relating cross enterprise events ( > level 2)
- Coordinate with all Banking Groups/units on BCM Program updates and enhancements as part of change planning and management processes.
- Advise Regulators (US & Canada), Corporate Audit and Shareholders’ Auditors on the Enterprise BCM governance framework.
- Prescribe BCM documentation requirements to all Enterprise units.
- Coordinate /advise Bank officers up to and including the Banking Group Head level on items relating to business continuity.
Scope and Impact
The role impacts the Enterprise and has significant influence over all Banking Groups. It is critical to achieving and maintaining effective Enterprise business continuity planning and effective responses to unanticipated interruptions of normal bank activities. In addition, this role is critical to ensure that the Enterprise program meets all general regulatory requirements for business continuity management across jurisdictions in which the bank operates.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The incumbent must have an in-depth understanding of business continuity management and governance frameworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices and protocols, operational risk management, and in-depth knowledge and expertise of the Bank’s operations, including IT practices. Specific expertise should include:
- Business Continuity Management practices and protocols, including in-depth knowledge of international BCM standards promoted by BCI and DR. and ISO
- A strong understanding of Operational risk and resilience, Business Process improvement methods as well as risk related control frameworks and practices (COCO, COSO, ISO, ITIL, CMM, COBIT, etc.),
- Solid understanding of Operational Risk management methodology and CSA related requirements.
- All aspects of the Bank’s organizational structure and critical products and services, including the delivery mechanisms and IT associated with each, and the technical and operations infrastructure.
- Solid knowledge of IT and Operations Audit methodology
- Corporate Policies and Standards of Bank and its operating subsidiaries
- The incumbent should also possess the following skills and experience:
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in an operations and technology organization,
- 3 years’ experience in an operations and IT audit environment
- Extensive experience working with Senior Executive, Shareholders' Auditors, and Regulators in Canada and the US
- Strong network/relationships across BCM industry/financial sector peers
- Strong strategic vision and planning ability.
- Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress.
- Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to documentation and reporting.
- Highly developed relationship management, influencing and leadership skills.
- Expected educational background for this position would include:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree
- Industry certification in one or more of the following: DRI International, BCI, PMI, CCSA, CISA, CA, CCSP, ISC and ITIL is a plus.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap. Our client maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre employment substance abuse testing.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2905.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.