Sr. Managing Consultant, Business Continuity
Direct Hire Job Opportunity
Walnut Creek, CA - Local Candidates Preferred
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2858
Position: Senior Managing Consultant – Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
Location: Walnut Creek, CA (local San Francisco area candidates preferred)
Industry: BC/DR Consulting
Status: Full time/Permanent
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have professional consulting expertise with a Big 5 firm or large consulting organization.
A boutique consulting firm client of BC Managements is seeking to add an experienced Senior Managing Consulting to be the office lead for their California based office. As the Senior Managing Consultant, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of consulting engagements, participation in high risk or highly-complex components of client engagements, and management of long-term client relationships, as well as internal management roles that may involve geographic, service or department leadership. Senior managing consultants generate new revenue for the company by driving successful sales development activities with current and new client prospects. Senior managing consultants develop and mentor managing consultants, and lead companywide educational initiatives. Senior managing consultants must be active members of the firm’s marketing efforts, which includes speaking, authoring and developing a personal public profile as a leader within the industry. Professional certification is obtained before reaching this level (MBCI+ or CBCP+ required).
Mandatory Skills and Experiences
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
• 8+ years of business continuity (crisis management, business recovery and IT disaster recovery) industry and consulting expertise.
• Experience selling and delivering business continuity-related consulting services, to include business impact analyses, risk assessments, strategy development, plan development, testing/exercising and training/awareness solutions
• Experience managing large consulting projects and client relationships
• Experience supervising and mentoring consulting teams, including conducting performance evaluations
• Participation in the development and execution of a marketing plan
• Experience developing proposals and responses to requests for proposals
• CBCP, MBCP, MBCI or FBCI
• Willingness to travel
• Outstanding writing and presentation skills
• Superior analytical skills
• Experience managing and executing complex projects on time and on budget
• Familiar with designing or performing all aspects of the business continuity lifecycle (program design BIA, risk assessment, strategy development, plan documentation, exercise facilitation, training and awareness, assessment)
• Proven experience working with leading standards (i.e. ISO 22301, NFPA 1600) and regulatory requirements (e.g. FFIEC)
Recommended Skills and Experiences
• P&L management
• Knowledge of at least four of the following industries: financial services (banking and insurance), manufacturing, consumer products, pharmaceuticals, energy, professional services and government
• Published author on a business continuity-related topic
• Delivered business continuity-related presentations to a national audience
• PMP certification
• CISA certification
• Experience with leading commercial business continuity software packages
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2858.
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 562-260-6791