Position: Regional BCM Program Manager
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Hartford, CT or Stamford, CT – Local Candidates Strongly Preferred
Salary: $110 - $130K + target bonus up to 15% - Based on Experience
Reporting Structure: VP, Global BCM Program Owner
Travel: Up to 40% to 20-30 sites across North America and South America*
* This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities, but the individual will be expected the matrix manage regional business continuity planners.
* This is a BUSINESS focused position. Our client is seeking qualified candidates with a strong BCM expertise versus IT/DR.
The Global Business Continuity Management (BCM) Program for the Company is committed to providing the guidance and framework to ensure continuation of essential Company operations in the event of a disruption, or threat of a disruption to Company operations anywhere in the world. Under the direction and support of Company executive management, the team works toward ensuring that Company is a catastrophe resilient organization capable of meeting its customer obligations; providing safety and welfare to its employees, visitors and contractors; and meeting all regulatory requirements with regard to business continuity and disaster recovery.
This position is responsible for regionally managing the administrative and tactical business continuity planning components of the overall BCM program, including establishing and maintaining site business continuity plans and standards, conducting business impact analyses, and executing tests/exercises at various geographical locations, as well as executing related BCM program projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Actively participate in the creation of a strategic direction for business continuity management across all divisions/functional areas of the company.
• Conduct business impact analyses and assist company units to determine critical business processes, identify acceptable recovery time periods, and establish resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster.
• Assist local BCP Coordinators in developing business continuity/incident management plan documentation; maintain documentation in a central repository and in a constant state of readiness.
• Manage and execute the BCP certification process to keep plans current relative to changes in recovery team members, business processes, new equipment, facilities, services and systems.
• Actively participate in the development, execution, and maintenance of a comprehensive, risk-based BCP testing/exercise and training schedule.
• Effectively manage the planning, coordination, communication, execution, completion, and reporting of multiple BCP tests/exercises and training with segment/local business management.
• Effectively develop senior management relationships and demonstrate a strong understanding of the business.
• Maintain BCP related vendor agreements in an accurate state.
• By drawing upon overall business continuity management experience, provide insightful recommendations to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of BCM program activities and outputs.
• Assists in the development and implementation of BCM methodologies and tools.
• Adheres to divisional and other external, professional business continuity management standards and professional practices (e.g., Disaster Recovery Institute International – DRII).
• Participates in the completion of an annual BCM strategic analysis and risk assessment, which includes a company-wide BIA to assess internal/external risks and recommend mitigation strategies.
• Assist recovery support and business resumption staff during a disaster or business interruption event.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors as appropriate to ensure that the BCM Program meets existing regulatory requirements.
• Actively participate in the development, maintenance, and reporting of key BCM Program performance goals/metrics and expense budgets.
• Actively prepare and support delivery of Steering Committee meeting presentations.
• MBCP/CBCP designation preferred.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously, involving advanced project management skills.
• Ability to prioritize among multiple competing priorities.
• Ability to effectively manage resources/activities Regionally across diverse cultures and languages.
• Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills; ability to give presentations to large groups a plus.
• Multiple languages a plus – English plus German, French or Spanish.
• Strong interpersonal skills to interface with senior management, operational managers and staff at all levels within the organization and manage 3rd party vendors.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, capable of performing complex scheduling, control, planning and influencing with minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge of personal computers and MS-Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Outlook.
• Knowledge of IT disaster recovery planning methodologies, tools and data replication technologies a plus.
• PMP designation a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
• Substantial business continuity management or related experience [5-7 years experience]
• Insurance, Reinsurance, or Financial Services Industry experience [3-5 years experience].
• Demonstrated leadership in managing people and/or projects.
• Knowledge of international business continuity management standards and requirements (e.g. British Standard 25999, American National Standard SPC.1-2009, National Fire Protection Association Standard 1600, International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/PAS 22399).
• Knowledge of U.S. Public Law 153, Title IX and requirements a plus.
• On call 24 hours a day to respond to disasters or business interruption events.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply or learn more about the position, please contact Alina Howard – BC Management Inc. at [email protected]