New Job Posted
Senior Manager Business Continuity
Foster City, CA - Local Candidates/ No Relocation Assistance
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2945
Position: Senior Business Continuity Manager
Status: Permanent/ Full-time
Location: Foster City, CA – Local Candidates Only
Salary: Based on Experience – targeting candidates with over 10 years BCM expertise
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Seeking candidates with 10+ years expertise in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery or Crisis Response coupled with global BCM program management, an understanding of BCM as it pertains to Supply Chain Management and a Bachelor degree will be required.
The Sr. Manager of Business Continuity reports to the Director, IT within the IT Program Management Office (PMO) group based in Foster City, California. This person is responsible for creating the Business continuity strategic and operational roadmaps, establishing the annual Business Continuity Program goals and objectives required to achieve alignment with the company’s strategic direction and risk profile, as well as managing and coordinating the development, maintenance and testing of existing business continuity plans worldwide.
Effective partnership and teamwork with business partners, proactive mindset, and strong written and verbal communication skills are key success factors for this position.
The Manager of Business Continuity is responsible for managing and coordinating the development of Business Continuity Program for COMPANY sites worldwide. This role also involves but is not limited to:
- Create business continuity strategic and operational roadmaps and program goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain Business Continuity Program documentation, including but not limited to policies, standards, governance model, program procedures, and tools and templates
- Coordinate with site / business functions to perform Business Continuity Program activities such as Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to identify and document recovery requirements for critical business functions / processes
- Coordinate with site / business function to ensure that recovery strategies and BC Plans are developed and tested
- Develop BC Plan testing and exercising process, procedures, and testing materials
- Facilitate and coordinate BC Plan tests and exercises
- Define, monitor, and gather data to show achievement of key Business Continuity Program performance indicators (KPI) targets in order to report accomplishments and gaps / deficiencies to management
- Establish or collect documented evidence of compliance to ensure the BC Program is “audit ready”
- Facilitate and manage business continuity-related projects and services performed by external vendors and managed services providers
Skills & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and provide oversight of documentation and maintenance of BC plans for COMPANY locations worldwide
- In the event of an incident, play a key role in the coordination and communication of business recovery activities and status communications
- Provide strategic direction and make recommendations to senior leadership with regards to business continuity requirements
- Develop the business continuity program roadmap
- Provide oversight and direction of BC Program service providers and contingent workers; monitor their adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs); deliver effective feedback to ensure high levels of service to internal business partners
- Act in the role of author, reviewer, or approver for documentation related to the business continuity program
- Develop and facilitate training on the use of business continuity and crisis management tools, strategies, standards and procedures
- Coordinate with IT DR Program Manager and act as a liaison with IT leadership to ensure business requirements are being captured and met accordingly
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of business impact assessments, risk management, business process recovery planning, crisis management and disaster recovery planning processes
- Experience with facilitating and leading risk assessments for various functions within a life sciences organization
- Experience with managing and leading incident response and communication plans
- Experience with leading, planning and maturing annual plan exercises
- Experience with business continuity databases and automated notification systems (e.g. Fusion Risk Management)
- Knowledge of BC and CM technologies and processes for continuous improvement opportunities
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience preferred
- Strong organization, planning, and program/project management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills
- Ability to present to senior leadership
- High level of personal integrity consistent with COMPANY’s core values
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor of Science degree (or international equivalent) in computer science, information systems management, or equivalent
- Certifications highly desired (MBCP, CBCP, ABCP, CRISC, etc.)
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply to this job - http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2945
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.