Senior IT Disaster Recovery (DR) Consultant
Full-time, Direct Hire
Jersey City, NJ
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2903
Position: Senior IT Disaster Recovery (DR) Consultant
Status: Full-time, Direct Hire
Location: Jersey City, NJ – Local candidates will receive preference
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
Our client, a consulting firm specializing in Enterprise Resiliency Planning, is seeking candidates for a long term position as a senior consultant on their DR team providing all ITDR Planning services for a financial services client, and potentially smaller roles on other projects. Selected candidate will report to Company’s onsite DR Manager. The Company team is embedded within client’s IT department reporting to Technology Risk and works closely with Client’s Business Continuity team.
- Lead IT teams in development and updates of DR documentation and provide a QA role in this process
- Utilize the CMDB and other tools to manage application DR requirements (server, storage, DB, upstream/downstream dependencies, etc.) initially for all Tier 0 & Tier 1 applications and services (approximately 20% of the total environment)
- Utilize DR tools to enhance the recovery program with a focus on keeping DR documentation current, identifying gaps in DR environments not in synch with Production and enhancing DR core processes and overall efficiencies
- Actively manage and coordinate the DR Test Program including testing schedules, test plans, exercises and post mortem reviews
- Recommend enhancements to DR core infrastructure and application recovery strategies
- Coordinate the metrics reporting on planning, testing and capability
- Facilitate training key IT support personnel on roles and responsibilities
- Assist IT management in coordinating and facilitating the recovery process in the event of an actual outage or disaster
- Travel outside of the NY/NJ area will be very limited
Ability to support the development of IT-DR strategies, documentation and lead the DR Testing program in a complex environment that includes:
· A distributed technical environment across multiple data centers that support 750 applications running on 3500 servers
· A range of recovery requirements from hot/hot to hot/warm to hot/cold using replication, database mirroring, SRM, Always On and other disk based recoveries
· Windows (80%) and Linux (20%) servers in a highly virtualized VMware environment
· Infrastructure supporting business processes in various global locations
· Strong MS Excel and MS Visio skills are required
· Experience with Force.com, Fusion Framework® BC and/or Service Now CMDB will be considered a plus
· Minimum of ten years IT Disaster Recovery tech experience with minimum five years as manager or project manager.
· Financial Services IT & DR experience preferred
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
· Strong project management skills and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
· Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
· Ability to coordinate and implement Information Technology Disaster Recovery strategies and technologies addressing governance, risk assessment / impact analysis, recovery strategy selection, plan development, testing, change control and awareness
· Proven track record of support within an IT DR program. Experienced in the coordination and implementation of IT DR Documentation and Testing programs
· Strong Knowledge in current IT DR approaches, tools and standards and of IT Disaster Recovery Data Center Operational environments
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please submit updated resume and short bio to http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2903
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.