New Job Posted
Senior Business Continuity Analyst
Direct Hire, Permanent
Position: Senior Business Continuity Analyst
Status: Permanent/ Full-time
Location: Cincinnati, OH – Local Candidates – No Relocation Assistance
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Seeking candidates with 5+ years expertise in Business Continuity Planning.
Responsible for the oversight of the development and maintenance of all corporate Business Continuity Plans. This includes ensuring that all plans associated with business continuity are developed, maintained and exercised to ensure the organization can adequately respond to a disaster or business interruption. Supports the evolution and maturity of a forward thinking business continuity program across all risk categories and business functions and business lines. Responsible for identifying specific scenarios and performing assessments to determine the probability and potential impact to the enterprise. Responsible for ensuring that critical business functions are identified and that plans exist for resuming critical business functions within a defined time frame. This responsibility includes working directly with plan owners to coordinating the design, development, maintenance, and exercising (testing) of the overall disaster recovery and business resumption plans for each critical area of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and administer the enterprise Business Continuity (BC) program through innovation and best practices in BC/DR to ensure ongoing business continuation and recovery capabilities
- Subject matter expert for all aspects of business continuation and acts as consultant in area of expertise
- Responsible for continuous improvements and recommending ways to advance the business continuity program
- Schedule and conduct regular reviews of individual business resumption plans with the plan owners; update changes to the plans as needed
- Act as the system administrator for the business continuity software; conduct training for all system users; act as point of contact with the software vendor
- Responsible for ensuring that Business Unit Resumption plans are reviewed and/or updated quarterly
- Responsible for responding to all internal and external audit requests; responsible for completing task level work associated with audit recommendations
- Complete annual business continuity table-top exercises (Loss of Building, Technology, People) and report results/recommendations to senior management
- Follow-up on all open issues related to business continuity plans
- Responsible for working with Corporate Compliance to ensure that all business continuity plans are in compliance with State, Federal, and Industry regulations
- Responsible for providing and/or completing requests for information from: Regulatory Examiners, State Departments of Insurance, Federal Regulators, and Due Diligence Surveys from critical business partners
- Develop and maintain a business continuity training and awareness program for “All Associates”
- Work with Business Continuity Plan owners to develop and maintain policies, standards and procedures for business continuity; maintain and update recovery/contingency plan goals and objectives.
- Work with Disaster Recovery analyst to ensure recovery plans align with business recovery requirements
- Coordinate strategic planning of business continuity programs, working with management teams to properly assess vulnerabilities and develop strategies
- Responsible for oversight of the Business Continuity Plans for Domestic Subsidiaries
- Responsible for ensuring that contingency plans are developed and maintained for all properties
- Perform gap analysis on business continuation processes across the enterprise and make improvement recommendations to mitigate risks
- Coordinate the testing of critical business process recovery with Information Technology for all disaster recovery testing
- Work with business function owners to identify testing strategies for disaster recovery testing
- Responsible for conducting Impact (BIA/AIA) and Risk Assessments (RA) of critical corporate functions and individual business continuity plans, including but not limited to the disaster recovery plan
- Perform risk analysis of corporate business continuity plans to identify and classify risk exposures and work with risk/plan owners to provide recommendations to mitigate risk exposures and improve risk management strategies
- Establish and foster stakeholder relationships within IT, and across business, to deploy an effective continuity program within a constantly evolving environment
- Work with management to maintain and improve our crisis management process to include emergency management, risk mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery
- Responsible for producing all BC status reports to CEO and Sr. Management
- Work with management on the Business Continuity budget
- The potential for training and managing a Business Continuity Analyst
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Requirements to effectively perform the duties of this job are a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of practical business experience, specifically in business continuity and/or disaster recovery. Business Continuity and Risk Management certifications (ABCP, CBCP, MBCP, ARM, CRM) and knowledge of “best practice” frameworks (DRII, COBIT, NIST, ITIL, ISO17799) are preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of business continuity frameworks
- Ability to perform analytical work, such as impact assessments and risk assessments, including but not limited to business impact analyses
- Working knowledge of information technology
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to appropriately interact with all levels of management and business continuity coordinators
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create, review and/or revise formal company documentation including but not limited to policies, standards, procedures, recovery/contingency plans
- 5 to 7 years of experience in business continuity analysis, business continuity planning, group facilitation and financial services industry practices preferred
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply to this job - http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2918
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.